More than 800 participants gathered in the salons of the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for the presentation of the prizes for the 19th edition of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards. This ceremony was presided over by David Kong, President and CEO of Best Western Hotels&Resorts, the 10th largest hotel group in the world according to Hospitality ON's ranking as of January 1, 2018. This 19th edition was also the occasion to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Hospitality ON. It was a powerful and festive moment.
This year once again, with the organization of the annual Worldwide Hospitality Awards, Hospitality ON has valorized initiatives taken by groups, brands and independent hotels to help the international hotel industry evolve. Out of more than 150 applications presented in the 14 categories, finalists and winners were chosen after an online election on Hospitality ON and the deliberation by two juries of experts on the Advisory Board, including both hoteliers and non-hoteliers, presided over by Olivier Cohn, CEO Best Western France, as well as by Hervé Novelli, Président du Conseil Supérieur de l’Œnotourisme for companies and foreign trade, who were designated to lead the jury this year.
Guests at the ceremony also contributed to the selection of winners in five categories:
Best Digital Innovation
Best Innovation in Hotel Concept
Best Innovation in Services in Addition to Accommodations
Best Brand Marketing Operation
Best “Wow” Effect for a Luxury Hotel
… via live electronic vote. This year once again, innovation and exemplarity were favored and international groups including independent hoteliers were rewarded.
"The success of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards resides in its increasing renewal, a phenomenon that foreshadows the future face of Hospitality. It is not only a modernization of brands, concepts and communication, but also and especially a rejuvenation among the candidates, participants and the public of the ceremony. This event, which is more forward-looking than ever, represents a unique opportunity to discover the concepts that will form the hotel industry and the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. A new generation is now taking over the reins, which is why today, alongside the great international leaders, there is an ever-growing crowd of "Millennials", the young men and women who have taken over the new economy to dramatically transform the landscape of the sector. Their presence, trust and enthusiasm are a testament to the vitality of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards institution. In light of the promises they embody, we can only be optimistic about the success of future editions of this event, which has become a must for both historical groups and young professionals in the sector, who are now taking over. I look forward to seeing you next year for the 20th anniversary of the competition!" declared Georges Panayotis, President and Founder of the Worldwide Hospitality Awards.
The deliberation by the different juries, as well as the live votes supervised by a bailiff, made it possible to establish the winners in each category:
- Best Communication Campaign - Boris Becker Campaign / B&B Hotels
- Best Brand Marketing Operation - Official launch of 'My Little Concierge' / The Little Guest Hotels Collection
- Best Initiative in Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility - SUNCARE / Sun Resorts
- Best Innovation in Hotel Concept - Flying Nest - The Mobile Hospitality Revolution / AccorHotels
- Best Innovation in Services in Addition to Accommodations - LUX* Expert-Led Workshops / LUX* Resorts & Hotels
- Best “WOW” effect for a Luxury Hotel - History Beckons at Mehrangarh by Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur / IHCL & TwentySeven, An unimaginable oasis of luxury and intrigue, WOWing all 6 senses over and over again / TwentySeven Hotel, Amsterdam
- Best Digital Innovation - From a Hotelier for Hoteliers / Der Salzburger Hof
- Best Initiative in HR and Talent Management - The Heartist Journey / AccorHotels
- Best Hotelier - Somnath Mukherjee (Area Director Karnataka and General Manager - Taj West End, Bengaluru, India)
- Best Iconic Employee - Werner Küchler (Manager of the restaurant Le Relais Plaza, Hôtel Plaza Athénée)
- Best Western received the Grand Prix 2018.
The Lifetime Achievement award went to an historic figure of the European and worldwide hospitality industry: Don Gabriel Barceló Oliver (co-founder of Barceló Group).
During the ceremony, professionals also made room for futures generations and rewarded them with a series of awards through the 8th edition of the Hospitality Schools Awards:
- Best Innovation in an Educational Program - Marco Polo / Vatel Group
- Best Professional Success - Adrian Lelièvre & Ellen Schmid
The Worldwide Hospitality Awards have been organized by Hospitality ON for nineteen years. Each year it receives close to 150 candidatures from around the world. The event is thus a veritable showcase for the diversity of hospitality around the world and reveals the most innovative methods and concepts.
For more information: : www.hospitalityawards.com
To participate as a candidate, contact us: +33 (0)220.127.116.11.13/40.05 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!