At the Worldwide Hospitality Awards ceremony, held last November 14 at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand, ME London by Meliá received the award for the Best "WOW" Effect for a Luxury Hotel. This award recognizes an exceptional product or service offered by a Luxury Hotel (4+ stars) showing its ability to invest in order to surprise and surpass the imagination of its most demanding clients.
Meliá Hotels – Video Mapping Atrium at ME London Hotel received the award.
A permanent mapping using thematic screenings centering on the universe and creation was installed in part of the lobby at the five-star ME London. Designed by Norman Foster, 7 daily mapping shows with audio designs are broadcast in the pyramid of the lobby, creating a changing ambiance and inviting the client to be immersed in a virtual space.(see dossier)
InterContinental Paris Le Grand and Sofitel Hotels & Resorts are the two finalists.
InterContinental Paris Le Grand – Le Salon Opéra.
In 2014, the InterContinental Paris Le Grand carried out major renovations on the Salon Opéra, restoring Paris' largest ballroom (450 m2) to its former glory. The hotel was inaugurated by Napoleon III and his spouse Eugénie. (see dossier)
Another finalist, Sofitel Hotels & Resorts makes it a point of honor to celebrate its French heritage around the world via numerous cultural events linked to literature, fashion and art as well as music and theater.(see dossier)
Other candidates also competed for this category:
- Hôtel Napoléon – Champs Élysées. This hotel offers a unique product in an exceptional location. Its lobby and meeting rooms offer a range of new technologies, while its decoration is steeped in a strong personality.
- One & Only Reethi Rah, Maldives - Barber&Blade. The concept of Barber&Blade at One&Only Reethi Rah was created for men. It provides a range of treatments, products and experiences for discerning gentlemen to enjoy a grooming experience in discreet and luxurious surroundings.
- Royal Evian Hotel – A Balcony over Lake Geneva. Inaugurated in 1909, this hotel blends Art Nouveau and Art Déco; recently renovated, the transformations include the renovation of seven new suites on the 6th floor overlooking Lake Geneva.
- Royal Marmin Bay Boutique & Art Hotel. This hotel is one of the first upscale green properties with low energy consumption in Greece. Based on traditional Cretan architecture, the buildings blend perfectly with the natural environment.
- Steigenberger Hotel Belvédère in Davos - Passion & Professionalism. During the Davos Meeting, the Steigenberger Hotel Belvédère is a key venue for global players and hosts 320 events in a four day period, bringing in nearly 2,500 participants each year.
- The Nolinski – Grand Opening Party - Paris, Éperdument, À la folie ! In mid-September, the Nolinski unveiled its world, imagination and story, and invited guests on a journey through times on the occasion of an immersive and artistic Grand Opening party organized by a staff of 150.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!