With this letter I, Nicolas Anghelopoulos, General Manager of Ibis hotel Amman Apply for “Manager of the Year” for the “2019- 20ème Edition des Worldwide Hospitality Awards” for Action Hotels Company within “Ibis hotel Brand”
Within the last 2 years, I have led the Ibis Amman Hotel successfully and has demonstrated excellent leadership towards both internal and external hotel guests, through leading by example and incorporating a management strategy of bottom to top rather than top to bottom. I have always believed that the hotel team is the turning point for a successful journey and by empowering them the hotel KPI’s will be driven positively year after year.
My first vision of equally and in parallel to implement a triple strategy in 1- Controlling expense without affecting brand quality, 2-Increasing hotel performance in both top line and Owner’s return & quality customer experience and, 3- Be responsible in social responsibility towards the local community, has led to achieve remarkable results in all fields through the below initiatives:
- Placing individual quantitative & qualitative KPI’s for senior level management with set targets to achieve.
- Implementing depleted stock method in Food & Beverage department with controlled weekly flash cost strategy.
- Implementing a vast strategy in reducing hotel utility cost compared to budget and against Last year.
- Implement “Pulse” Technology and piloting it with the owning company hotels. A technology that shares live a satisfaction or a dissatisfaction of a guest during his stay via a phone message thus converting a dissatisfaction to a gratification and drive positive reviews on all social community platforms.
- Empower line associates team to take immediate actions to rectify a guest dissatisfaction by giving them a vast yet a controlled authorities that exceeds their level of authority.
- Participating in HORECA Jordan for the first time in 10 years of hotel operations (Competition in Salon Culinaire) in 2 categories against 5 star Hotels and grasping 2 medals (Silver & Bronze).
- Be involved personally 5 times a week continuously to field visits with Director of Sales & Sales team to key accounts and potential accounts to liaise a familiar yet professional bound with bookers and operational team.
- Convinced Owning Company to approve a total salary increase for all team with no exception to be equally fair to everyone & to create loyalty to hotel.
- Created tied bounds with KHCC (King Hussein Cancer Center) & AIWA (All International Woman Association) on social and humanitarian aspect, by hosting twice a year two charitable events for Kids with cancer and Orphans.
Due to these initiatives the below results were achieved:
- Increase of Top Line revenue year over year 2018-2017 by 3.3% & maintain same revenue 2019 Vs 2018, Circa:
- YTD 2017 Top Line Revenue $ 2,732,853
- YTD 2018 Top Line Revenue $ 2,843,697
- YTD (as of September 2018) Top Line Revenue $ 2,106,895
- YTD (as of September 2019) Top Line Revenue $ 2,111,108
- Increase Gross Operating Profit Year over year 2018-2017 by 16.15% & 2019 Vs 2018 YTD by 2.1%, Circa:
- YTD 2017 GOP $ 874,512
- YTD 2018 GOP $ 1,015,745
- YTD (as of September 2018) GOP $ 783,104
- YTD (as of September 2019) GOP $ 799,549
- Overachieved guest reputation score target by 200% and results as below.
- YTD 2017 GSS 74/100
- YTD 2018 GSS 77/100
- YTD 2019 GSS 79/100 (As of September 2019)
- Ranked in Top 10 by “Travelmyth” for the year 2019 in category: 3 Star Hotel in Amman
- Selected in 2020 “Hotel of The Year Awards” in category: Best Value Hotel Middle East 2020
- Tripadvisor Moved in ranking from 25/162 Hotels to 19/194 hotels in Amman for the period January 2018 till September 2019
- Certificate recognition from KHCC & AIWA communities to our yearly social human contributions as illustrated below.
With the above illustrated I feel that I strongly meet the honor of winning the “Manager of The Year Award” in 20ème Edition des Worldwide Hospitality Awards- 2019, As I have achieved the above results by leading with passion and believe that YES WE CAN DO, rather than YES I CAN DO is the success story that we seek and results illustrated the conformity of the strategy.
Finally, thanking the committee for the time taken to review my application summary.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!