Preferred Hotel Group announced the launch of Beyond Green, its new hospitality brand that begins with a global portfolio of 24 hotels.
The innovative new brand is designed to exemplify sustainable tourism through its hotels in order to build a better and brighter future for travel while protecting the planet for future generations. The travel and tourism industry must not only be environmentally friendly but also responsible.
The brand was born from a synergy between the owners of Preferred Hotel Group and Costas Christ - the founder of Beyond Green Travel, which Preferred acquired in February 2020. Beyond Green hotels are committed to the three key pillars of sustainable tourism:
- environmentally friendly practices that go beyond the basics
- the protection of natural and cultural heritage
- contribution to the social and economic well-being of local communities
Lindsey Ueberroth, CEO of Preferred Hotel Group, Inc states :
Never before has there been a greater need to promote a kinder and gentler way to explore our beautiful, yet fragile planet. Driven by our brand promise, Believe in Travel, which guides every decision we make as a company, we believe that now is the time to go big and be bold as we look to the future of travel. […] We are humbled by the opportunity to partner with so many inspiring leaders in sustainable tourism to launch our newest brand, Beyond Green, that was built with purpose, gratitude, and respect for nature, communities, and culture.
Costas Christ, founder of Beyond Green Travel, explains :
While there may be a tendency to think of sustainability as just the latest travel buzzword, its roots are long and deep. What we are witnessing is an evolution of travel, not a passing trend. […] “Beyond Green is about reconnecting with our common humanity and understanding that the diversity of our cultures and different ways of life are what create the rich fabric that makes travel so enjoyable and fascinating. In that same context, nature brings inspiration and renewal to our lives. Sustainable tourism is not about giving something up, it is about gaining something more – a great vacation that it is also a force for good.
With plans for strategic growth over the next 24 months, Beyond Green celebrates its launch in collaboration with 24 inspiring founding members located across 15 countries:
- &Beyond Bateleur Camp (Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya)
- &Beyond Mnemba Island (Zanzibar, Tanzania)
- &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge (Namib Desert, Namibia)
- Aristi Mountain Resort (Zagori, Greece)
- Ashford Castle (Co. Mayo, Ireland)
- Bentwood Inn (Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA)
- Blancaneaux Lodge (Mountain Pine Ridge, Belize)
- Borgo Pignano (Tuscany, Italy)
- Bushmans Kloof (Western Cape, South Africa)
- Cavallo Point (Sausalito, California, USA)
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa (Bora Bora, French Polynesia)
- Islas Secas (Gulf of Chiriquí, Panama)
- Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur, California, USA)
- Ted Turner Reserves Vermejo (Raton, New Mexico, USA)
- The Brando (Tetiaroa, French Polynesia)
- The Ranch at Laguna Beach (Laguna Beach, California, USA)
- Three Camel Lodge (Gobi, Mongolia)
- Turtle Inn (Placencia, Belize)
- Wilderness Safaris Bisate Lodge (Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda)
- Wilderness Safaris DumaTau Camp (Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, Botswana)
- Wilderness Safaris Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp (Kaokoveld, Namibia)
- Wilderness Safaris Linkwasha Camp (Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe)
- Wilderness Safaris Mombo Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana)
- Xigera Safari Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana)
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!