The group strengthens its hotel supply in Cuba with a series of projects.
Meliá prepares to increase its capacity with new htoels:
- Meliá San Carlos:the hotel will reopen its doors after renovation and will have 56 rooms
- Hôtel La Unión: located in the city's historic center, the renovated hotel will have 49 rooms
- Hôtel Jagu: once renovated the property will offer 174 rooms
- Hôtel Colón: the renovated property will have 580 rooms
- Gran Hotel: the renovated hotel will have 72 rooms
- Meliá Internacional: overlooking Varadero beach, the property will have 934 rooms as well as 10 restaurants, 2 buffets, 14 bars, an ice cream bar, a mixed grill market, a spa and a conference centre .
In Cayo Santa Maria:
- Paradisus Los Cayos: located on the island of Los Cayos, the property will offer 802 rooms, 5 cafeterias, 15 bars as well as installations for meetings and events.
Before 2020, Meliá will undertake the construction of the Innside Camagüey hotel as well as 3 new hotels in the city of Trinidad in Cuba: Meliá Trinidad, Meliá Punta Ancón and Sol House Ancón (further to the transformation of Hôtel Ancón).
According to Francesco Camps, Deputy Managing Director Meliá Cuba, "the new hotels offer us a great chance to show our commitment to the development of balanced and sustainable tourism in Cuba and to show the value that our brands can add. These hotels in heritage cities are well integrated with the cultural and social fabric of their destinations, and give us a chance to provide travellers with experiences focused on discovering more about the local culture and heritage."
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!