The group will settle new brands on the Spanish and Portuguese market by 2025.
Most of the properties are to open in 2022 and the others shall reach the market between 2023 and 2025.
With Iberia being a key growth market for us, we are also excited to have appointed Javier de Villanueva Baygual as Development Director, Iberia. Javier brings extensive corporate and hospitality experience and will be based in-market and drive our continued investment and dedication into growing this market for IHG. Responsible growth remains a key priority for us in Europe in 2022, and this incredible selection of Iberian signings, in addition to Javier’s appointment, are a perfect start to the year. Explains Willemijn Geels, VP Development, Europe.
Javier de Villanueva Baygual joined IHG on November 2021 after 3 years as director of development and acquisitoon for Best Western Hotel Group. He previously worked as sale advisor for hotel transactions. He will be in charge of developping IHG's footprint in Iberia ans starts with the signing of 5 properties in Spain and 5 properties in Portugal.
Next openings in Spain:
- Holiday Inn Sant Gugat : 208 keys on the outskirts of Barcelona. Opening June 2022.
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport : 156 keys to open in June 2023
- Holiday Inn Express Bilbao Sestao : 105 keys to open in August 2023
- Holiday Inn Express Sevilla : city center location for 146 keys to open in November 2023
- Staybridge Suites Malaga : 105 appartments to open in January 2024
Next openings in Portugal:
- Staybridge Suites Porto : 119 appartments in city center
- Staybridge Suites Carcavelos : 135 keys to open in December 2025
- Six Senses Lisbon : 114 keys located near Avenida da Liberdad, in the Palacio de Pedrosas to open in 2025
- Holiday Inn Express Porto : 96 keys to open near the Boa Vista neighbourhood
- Holiday Inn Express Evora : 76 keys