Three new hotels are not enough for Robin Chadha, citizenM’s Chief Marketing Officer. “In order to reflect our global audience,” he explains, “we must have a global footprint too.”
While citizenM has announced plans to open a 160-room hotel in Zurich, featuring four societyM rooms and canteenM, eleven other openings are planned for the next few years:
- citizenM New York Bowery (2018): 300 rooms
- citizenM Kuala Lumpur (2018): 198 rooms
- citizenM Shanghai Hongqiao (2018): 303 rooms
- citizenM Los Angeles: 315 rooms
- citizenM Seattle South Lake Union: 200 rooms
- citizenM Copenhagen Rådhuspladsen: 238 rooms
- citizenM Geneva Centre: 144 rooms
- citizenM Boston North Station: 269 rooms
- citizenM San Francisco Union Square: 186 rooms
- citizenM Washington Capitol: 194 rooms
- citizenM Miami Brickell
“In a saturated travel industry, citizenM offers something unique,” said Robin Chadha. citizenM acts as either owner-operator or as operator of hotels owned by third party investors. Since the first hotel in Amsterdam (2008), growth has been at a comfortable pace of one property per year, with 12 hotels (2,932 rooms), but lately it's becoming more rapid with a pipeline of approximatively 2,347 rooms.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!