New Hyatt brand hotels are planned in London, Reykjavik, Helsinki, Prague, Lisbon and Edinburgh.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced on December 7 its intention to expand its brand portfolio in Europe by the end of 2023, with more than 20 management and franchise contracts for new hotels. These establishments are expected to join 63 Hyatt branded hotels under nine distinct brands in 22 European countries.
Peter Norman, Senior Vice President of Real Estate and EAME/SWA Development, Hyatt said :
Supported by strong brand recognition and demand for the high-quality experiences for which Hyatt is known, we look forward to welcoming guests and World of Hyatt members in these key European destinations. Further, with half of Hyatt’s executed pipeline in Europe consisting of franchise agreements, we are thrilled to collaborate with a number of new, as well as existing, owners to bring these exciting projects to fruition.
In the United Kingdom, which remains a priority growth market, the introduction of the first Park Hyatt hotel in the redeveloped Nine Elms area of London will further strengthen the Hyatt brand presence, which plans to grow its brand in the UK over the next few years. This growth is complemented by strong regional demand in France and Spain as well as the entry into new markets with the first Hyatt brand properties in Stockholm, Helsinki, Malta and Cyprus.
Since the beginning of the year, nine new Hyatt properties have opened in Europe, including :
- the Hyatt Regency Sofia, the first Hyatt hotel in Bulgaria
- the Hyatt Regency Malta
- the Hyatt Place Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and the Hyatt House Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, the first dual-branded Hyatt development in Europe, offering travelers the benefits of both brands under one roof
- the 144-room Hotell Reisen in Stockholm, Sweden, which is the first hotel in Scandinavia under the brand name The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Among the new contracts signed are the following projects:
- The Park Hyatt London River Thames in London, which will be the first Park Hyatt hotel in the United Kingdom.
- The introduction of the Hyatt Centric brand in the UK with the Hyatt Centric Cambridge
- Hyatt makes a foray into Northern Europe with two new The Unbound Collection by Hyatt hotels, including the 224-room Grand Hansa Hotel in Helsinki, Finland.
- Hyatt Centric Hotel in Reykjavik will be the first Hyatt brand hotel in Iceland
- The former Byblos de Mijas Hotel in Spain will become part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand
- The first Andaz hotel in Portugal with Andaz Lisbon, and the first Hyatt hotel in the Czech Republic with Andaz Prague
- The first station of the Allia brand in Europe with Alila La Gruyère in Switzerland
The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands remain a strategic priority with eight additional properties planned in Western Europe through 2023.
This announcement signals significant intentional growth plans for Hyatt, which will increase its brand footprint in Europe by more than 30% in nine new countries and further expand in seven existing markets.