The Ascend Hotel Collection, franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc., closed out the decade declaring a record-breaking development year in 2019 with continued growth worldwide.
Ascend Hotel Collection closed on a total of 96 contracts and added 76 new properties to its global portfolio of resort, historic and boutique hotels in 2019. The upscale soft brand reaches a milestone, with more than 315 current hotels operating worldwide. It keeps spreading over the entire globe, with openings coming soon to Brooklyn (New York), Orlando (Florida), Europe, Australia, the Caribbean, and more.
Mark Shalala, senior vice president, franchise development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels, said:
Choice Hotels created the "soft brand" concept, introducing it to the hotel industry 12 years ago with the launch of the Ascend Hotel Collection.
He further added:
Our owners appreciate the ability to maintain operational independence while benefiting from Choice's industry-leading technology and robust distribution channels, and with a global development pipeline over 100 hotels strong
Some of the latest properties include:
- The Infinity Hotel SF (San Francisco, California): 75 rooms, added in June 2019.
- The Beaufort Hotel (Beaufort, North Carolina): 133 rooms, opened since January 2020.
- The Marquee (New Orleans, Louisiana): 90 rooms, opened since July 2019.
- The Ridgeline Hotel at Yellowstone (Gardiner, Montana): 86 Rooms, added in December 2019.
- V8 Hotel Koln @MOTORWORLD (Cologne, Germany): opened since March 2019, 112 rooms.
Choice Hotels International is ranked seventh in the world as of January 1, 2019 (Hospitality ON data), with a portfolio of 7,021 hotels around the world, for 569,108 rooms (up +8.3% over 2018).
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!