IHG Hotels & Resorts unveils a multi-property development agreement with Grape Hospitality for five conversion properties in prime European destinations, such as Italy, France, and Spain.
The five properties include voco Madrid Centre Retiro, a market debut for the voco brand in Spain, three Hotel Indigo properties in Florence, Bordeaux, and Barcelona, and Crowne Plaza Madrid Centre Retiro. The agreement heralds an 810-room partnership IHG and Grape Hospitality.
All three brands are strongly expending currently, the Hotel Indigo brand now boasts 40 open hotels in Europe with a further 19 in the pipeline, voco has expanded to 15 open hotels in Europe, and Crowne Plaza currently has 88 open hotels across Europe. The new hotel signings are as follows:
- voco Madrid Centre Retiro: It will be the first voco hotel to open in Spain. The hotel will feature 193 rooms, and is due to open in April 2024.
- Hotel Indigo Florence: Set in a prime location, the hotel will include 160 bedrooms, conference facilities and a wellness centre, and is set to open later this year.
- Hotel Indigo Bordeaux: The 100-room property will be the third Hotel Indigo-branded hotel to open in France. The hotel is due to open in May 2023.
- Hotel Indigo Barcelona Gran Via Plaza España: The 189-room property will be the second Hotel Indigo to open in Barcelona. The hotel will open in April 2024.
- Crowne Plaza Madrid Centre Retiro: Located in a prime part of Madrid, the 168-room property will be the second Crowne Plaza property to open in Madrid, the first being located close to the airport. The hotel is due to open in April 2024.
We are delighted to be partnering with Grape Hospitality on such a strong collection of hotels across some of our key European markets of Spain, France and Italy. This partnership further highlights the strength of IHG’s much-loved brands and reputation, our desire to expand into new locations and our ongoing initiatives to improve the customer journey such as the recently enhanced IHG One Rewards programme.
Willemijn Geels, Vice President Development Europe at IHG Hotels & Resorts
Grape Hospitality continues its development in Europe with the acquisition of premium assets. We are delighted to work with IHG in addition to our brands, to create value and diversify our portfolio. With Indigo, voco hotels and Crowne Plaza, all strong brands in their segment, we will be able to develop our catering and MICE expertise and make each hotel a unique living space.
Frederic Josenhans, Chairman of Grape Hospitality