Six new Fairfield by Marriott properties are expected to open by the end of 2025 in key destinations within the EMEA Region, including France, Denmark, and Saudi Arabia.
Marriott International announced plans to debut the Fairfield by Marriott brand in Europe and the Middle East by late 2023. The brand already has a global footprint of more than 1,230 open hotels, marking it the second largest brand within Marriott Bonvoy’s portfolio. Fairfield is inspired by the heritage of the Marriott family farm.
The European design is inspired by Scandinavian style, which offers a light and bright aesthetic, and the Middle East properties are expected to have a layout tailored for the region, including prayer rooms and Qibla directional signage. Each hotel’s public areas will serve as flexible social spaces to connect with other travelers, work or just relax. Furthermore, the Social Market food and beverage concept will offer a complimentary healthy breakfast.
Anticipated openings across Europe and the Middle East include:
- Fairfield by Marriott Copenhagen North Harbour, Denmark: Situated in Copenhagen’s North Harbor district, and close to the city center, Fairfield by Marriott Copenhagen North Harbor, Denmark, hotel is slated to be dual branded with 234 guestrooms devoted to the Fairfield by Marriott brand, and in the adjacent hotel, 81 guestrooms dedicated to the longer stay brand, Residence Inn by Marriott. It is set to open during Q3 of 2023.
- Fairfield by Marriott Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Netherlands: Fairfield by Marriott Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is slated to offer 175 guestrooms and is set to open during Q3 of 2023.
- Fairfield by Marriott Zug, Switzerland: Plans for the 123-room Fairfield by Marriott Zug boast views of Lake Zug overlooked by snow-dusted mountains in central Switzerland. It is set to open during Q4 of 2024.
- Fairfield by Marriott Bordeaux Train Station, France: Close to Bordeaux-Saint-Jean railway, Fairfield by Marriott Bordeaux Train Station is expected to feature 191 guestrooms. It is set to open during Q4 of 2024.
- Fairfield by Marriott Makkah Al Naseem, Saudi Arabia: Located in the Al Naseem district, Fairfield by Marriott Makkah Al Naseem is set to rise in five towers, featuring 2,600-guestroom. It is set to open during Q1 in 2025.
- Fairfield by Marriott Makkah Ibrahim Al Khalil Road, Saudi Arabia: Set to be the second Fairfield property in Makkah, the Fairfield by Marriott Makkah Ibrahim Al Khalil Road will be located just walking distance of the Grand Mosque, with 1,376 expected guestrooms. It is set to open in Q4 of 2025.
We are excited to welcome travelers to the first Fairfield by Marriott hotels in Europe in Copenhagen and Amsterdam in 2023. The debut of the brand in Europe and the Middle East has been thoughtfully considered for each market, and we’re looking forward to delivering Fairfield’s iconic friendly service and warm hospitality at these new properties.
Satya Anand, President of Europe, Middle East and Africa
We are thrilled to launch Fairfield by Marriott in Europe and the Middle East, continuing the growth of this trusted brand. Fairfield is celebrated with a unique legacy in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio. Built on principles of warmth, comfort, and simplicity, Fairfield hotels provide quality and reliability that travelers can look forward to globally.
Eric Jacobs, Senior Vice President and Global Brand Leader, Select Brands