The hotel group is setting up in five new countries and strengthening its presence in four other destinations while continuing to expand with 11 new properties (2,186 keys) by the end of 2018.
Currently operating 83 hotels in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, Mövenpick will expand into five new countries – Bangladesh, Iraq, Kenya, Malaysia and Maldives – while strengthening its hotel network in the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Tunisia and Thailand.
“In 2018, our global expansion is accelerating, with 11 new openings planned, which puts us on track to reach our target of 125 properties by 2020 and introduce the Mövenpick brand at some of the most sought-after locations," confirms Olivier Chavy, President and CEO of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.
Three of the next Mövenpick addresses will open in the coming months:
- Mövenpick Asara Resort & Spa Hua Hin, Thailand (96 rooms)
- Mövenpick Hotel du Lac Tunis, Tunisia (189 rooms)
- Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi, Kenya (276 rooms)
The remaining eight properties will allow Mövenpick to enter four additional new markets with:
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Kuredhivaru, Maldives (105 rooms)
- Mövenpick Hotel Basra, Iraq (152 rooms)
- Mövenpick Hotel & Convention Centre KLIA, Malaysia (333 rooms)
- Mövenpick Hotel Sylhet, Bangladesh (210 rooms)
In the Middle East, Mövenpick will open two hotels in the United Arab Emirates:
- Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Downtown Dubaï (246 rooms)
- Mövenpick Hotel, Dubai Media City (251 rooms)
The hotel group will also strengthen its presence in Egypt with the opening of the Mövenpick Resort El Ein Bay (214 rooms) and in Asia with the opening of the Mövenpick Resort Khao Yai (114 rooms).
With more than 40 locations planned, Mövenpick will expand into several new markets in the coming years, including Muscat (Oman) and Ras Al Khaimah (United Arab Emirates) in the Middle East and Abidjan (Ivory Coast), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) and Abuja (Nigeria) in Africa, while consolidating its presence in countries with high growth potential.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!