Following the announcement of its Global Cleanliness Council, Marriott International has launched digital content illustrating new processes and new space management uses for meetings.
Meeting planners may now reference a series of new materials including an informational video, customer stories and resources that provide additional information for designing events in the current environment:
"Our Global Cleanliness Council is working with us to tackle the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic and what that means for an event or meeting at a hotel. Having experts in the area of hygiene, food safety, infectious disease, and infection prevention has been enormously beneficial in helping us think through everything we can do to support organizations as they begin to envision, plan and execute future meetings and events of all sizes," said Ray Bennett, Chief Global Officer, Global Operations, Marriott International and Chair of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council.
Marriott Bonvoy Events has created a series of physically distant floor plans that enable event planners to visualize new room configurations. Attendees can anticipate the following adjustments:
Meeting & Events
- In the Americas, Marriott International requires all associates and guests to wear a mask,
- The number of seats has been reduced according to government regulations in each market,
- Frequent and more in-depth cleaning is conducted,
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout meeting spaces.
Meals and breaks
- Meals and breaks are organized in dedicated areas, reserved for a specific event and its participants,
- Buffets and menus are modified and adapted with, for example, a pre-packaged meal option,
- Hotels are also taking advantage of digital solutions to create contactless service where appropriate, such as the use of QR codes and digital menus,
- Non-essential items, such as linens, pre-set plates and glassware, and décor will also be removed.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!