Do you see yourself as a Chef De Cuisine - Vista Restaurant & Terrace and Club Intercontinental at InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City? What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead. The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Preparing and serving a range of cuisine dishes which exceed guest expectations.
- Interacting with guests.
- Lead, train and develop junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
- Working closely with Outlet Managers to meet our winning ways metrics.
- Liaising with Pastry, Bakery and Garde Manger kitchens to design contemporary multicultural menus.
- Monitoring the quality and presentation during service.
- Maintain and monitoring the budgeted food cost and taking corrective action whenever it is needed.
- Innovate and create enticing menus for Vista Restaurant and Terrace and Club Intercontinental.
- Collaborate with the culinary team to ensure a diverse and appealing selection that caters to various tastes and dietary preference.
- Oversee day-to-day kitchen operations, ensuring efficiency, quality, and adherence to culinary standards.
- Implement and maintain high standards of food preparation, presentation, and hygiene.
- Lead and inspire the kitchen team to achieve excellence in culinary execution.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting growth and skill development.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of special events and promotions at Vista Restaurant and Terrace and Club Intercontinental.
- Monitor and control inventory to minimize waste and maintain cost-effectiveness.
- Conduct training sessions for kitchen staff, keeping them updated on new techniques, menu items, and safety protocols.
- Identify and nurture talent within the team.
- Implement quality control measures to consistently deliver exceptional dining experiences.
- Respond promptly to guest feedback and strive for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the development and management of the culinary department budget.
- Monitor costs, seeking opportunities for cost savings without compromising quality.
What we need from you
- Degree in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management
- Minimum of 2 years in the same position
- Strong technical skill set and understanding of multicultural cuisine
- Proven history on working in a multinational environment
- Hold an internationally approved food safety certificate, ideally HACCP
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with members, colleagues and guests
- General knowledge of costing which relate to food cost control
- Self-motivated innovative with a high drive for results
- Technically literacy including MS Word, Excel and Presentation
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Log in to applyLog in to apply