Being a Memory Maker as a Meetings and Events Junior Events Manager In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within M and E Operations in Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow
Customer satisfaction is our key focus as hosts, our aim is to surprise and delight all our guests, by seamlessly providing an experience which exceeds their expectations.
Anticipating guest needs and understanding the importance of delivering to each guest personalized service beyond their expectations. We are the memory makers, it begins with opening our doors on arrival greeting guest by name with a genuine smile in a friendly professional manor and provide a delightful experience that our guests cherish.
To report directly to the M%26E Operations Manager and adhere to and follow the service excellence standards at all times. Delivering a great service experience that makes people feel special, a key to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance and supervision of the M and E Operations Manager, ensure you have a full understanding of the service excellence standard and deliver a guest experience that is unique.
The M and E Junior Event Manager will be expected to take joint responsibility of their event/s and coordinate the rest of the team in order to fulfil all aspects of the function as outlined in the function sheet.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully to guests on all levels.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully to all members of staff.
- Multi task and prioritise your work.
- Leads, and participates in, the day-to-day running of all operational aspects of the meeting and events department
- Coordinates small size events and ensures that guest expectations are met and exceeded
- Check that the event spaces are set as per the corresponding function sheet and clients instructions.
- Coordinates the set-up of rooms and other public areas in accordance with the Service Excellence standards, ensuring that rooms are maintained to standard when not in use
- Meet and great each and every guest.
- Attends all staff meetings, as required and conducts daily meetings to discuss event detail, special requests and product development
- Assists in monthly inventories
- Ensures that all storage areas, still rooms and bar areas are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis
- Ensures that appropriate account and cash bar procedures are implemented in accordance with agreed standards
- Ensure all legislative and company fire, health and safety and security guidelines are upheld
- Leads by example, and motivates M and E employees to make people feel special
- Preserve a remarkable guest experience
- Enforcing the correct etiquette and body language, as per Service Excellence standards.
- Constantly enforcing service standards.
- Provides employees with the orientation and on the job training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
- Communicate and reinforces the Service Excellence vision and standards to all employees.
- Provides employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and developing strategies to improve department
- Understand out times and handle event requirements accordingly.
- Explain and understand the function sheet details effectively.
- Take orders or updates to the function sheet correctly and communicate them to the relevant sections and in accordance with Service Excellence standards.
- Understand timing of service and order F and B items accordingly
- Serve F and B items confidently and comfortably.
- Have full knowledge of the food menu.
- Have full knowledge of the bar and wine products.
- To ensure companys procedures and Service Excellence standards are maintained in order to ensure consistent delivery of service.
- Thank each and every guest, when leaving the event.
- To check and maintain correct staffing levels in Front and Back of house as required during the function and efficiently utilize the resources allocated to the event
- Involvement of the progression of new staff as well as mentoring during their probation period.
- Supervise, evaluate and coach junior staff members and continuously implement training plans.
- Give personal attention, take personal responsibility and use teamwork to provide an excellent guest experience.
- Deliver unsupervised service standards in accordance with the Service Excellence standards
- To adhere to the brand grooming standards in accordance with the Service Excellence guidelines and to remain within such standards for the entirety of a working shift.
- Clears tables, cleans food and beverage areas both FOH and BOH post event and prepares equipment and mis en place on an ongoing basis, in accordance to the Service Excellence standards
- Assume responsibility to gather information about each guest in order to update client database, and use details to ensure a truly personal service.
- Handles cash payments and float in accordance with company standards.
- Carry and handle equipment as per service standards and H S guidelines.
- Seeks to increase potential revenue by providing outstanding service and direct contact with clients, and up-selling food and beverage and hotel services.
- Listen to and deal with complaints and provide immediate service recovery, where possible, or to the event manager.
- Supporting, recognising, encouraging and bringing out the best qualities in your co workers
- Leading by example
- Checking to see all duties have been completed prior to letting staff depart the building
- Ensure all glassware, crockery, cutlery and hotel equipment is correctly handled and stored
Knowledge of IT applications: Micros, Opera, My HR World Ramco, Office applications, as appropriate
Knowledge of Food and beverage service standards and M and E room set-ups
Has a Good command of the English language
Knowledge of company systems and procedures
Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
Improve decision making by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and created a way forward.
Performance Management/Supervisory to sustain high performance and quality levels.
Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning.
Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting, and communication
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
- Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
- Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
- Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
- Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
- Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!