IHG's award-winning brands make us one of the world's leading hotel companies. Our portfolio of brands is as diverse as the people who bring them to life for our guests. We know it's their diverse passions and personalities that make True Hospitality real for our guests and each other.
We are looking to fill the position of Area Director of Sales & Marketing (m/f/d):
As Area Director of Sales & Marketing (m/f/d) you will be responsible for developing and implementing the sales and marketing strategies for the hotels in the Berlin area, achieving the targeted revenue and room nights, creating and executing tactical plans as well as monitoring and achieving results.
Your workplace is located at the InterContinental Berlin, from where you will oversee the Area Berlin hotels with four very different brands from the IHG portfolio:
The InterContinental Berlin has 558 rooms and suites and, with 45 event rooms on 6,200 m² for up to 3,000 people, is one of Germany's leading and highest-turnover meeting and event hotels
The Regent Berlin, with its unsurpassable view of the Gendarmenmarkt, is located in Berlin's historic Mitte district. The luxury hotel has 195 rooms and suites as well as 12 function rooms for up to 100 people.
The Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz is a four-star superior hotel and has 256 rooms, eight function rooms with 500m² of meeting and event space for up to 250 people and our Layla Restaurant by celebrity chef Meir Adoni
Hotel Indigo Berlin Ku''damm is a boutique hotel with 81 individually designed rooms, a restaurant, a board room and a sun terrace. Your day to day
These activities await you at our hotel:
- You create a positive working environment for your team and connect departments to strengthen the team spirit
- You will manage the daily sales activities as well as the planning and allocation of work and ensure that there is always sufficient staff available
- You will develop your team and improve employee performance through coaching and feedback, setting performance and development goals for employees and recognizing good performance
- You achieve and exceed the revenue targets set for the hotels in the Berlin area in the various segments
- You create, consolidate and analyze sales, forecast and budget in the area of regional market positioning and sales development
- You develop the sales, marketing and pricing strategies in cooperation with the respective hotels and team leaders together with the revenue management, taking into account the different, complex market requirements
- You control customer developments and manage activities in relevant source markets (national and international) accordingly for the respective sales team
- You will promote awareness and reputation of the various hotels and the brand in the surrounding area by working closely with leading business people, community institutions and representatives of clubs and associations to ensure a consistently high profile for Area Berlin hotels
- You will effectively communicate and market sustainable or "green" aspects of the hotel and use relevant information in a targeted manner to attract new customers
- What we need from you
- This is what we expect from you:
- Several years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Profound knowledge of the international group hotel industry, especially in the MICE and Luxury segments
- Strong negotiating skills and assertiveness, even in very complex situations
- Independent and result-oriented way of working, high ability to work under pressure
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!