Our hotel teams have an exciting and challenging task requiring business skills, operational experience and above all the ability to work together as a motivated team as we serve our guests and colleagues. Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is situated in the heart of London, consisting of 272 bedroom and Meeting and Events capacity for 600.
- You will need to maximize Conference & Events profitable revenue and guest satisfaction by managing a team of Meetings & Events sales consultants who receive, M&E enquiries and related rooms reservations, under the direction of the Hotel Revenue Manager.
- The job incumbent should be active, proactive, and achieving results through management of your team.
- All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, business plan, and Carlson Rezidor and/or brand specific corporate guidelines and service concepts.
- As a successful Conference and Events Sales Director you will need to have a proven track record in meetings and events in a similar sized establishment but it is essential that you have a drive for success with an outgoing personality.
- As well as being an excellent communicator, you will also need to demonstrate first-rate administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- Maximizing hotel revenue by actively working on improving conversion of all booking enquiries
- Striving to over achieve Meeting and Events Key Performance Indicators which have been produced between Director of Sales and Hotel Revenue Development Manager
- Assists the Hotel Revenue Manager in the production of the Meeting & Events department business plan
- Managing and coaching the team
- Delivers a proactive sales culture within the office to ensure revenue budget is achieved
- Upholds a high level of regular, frequent, accurate and timely communication to all related departments regarding the M&E function within the hotel in particular HRDM, F&B, DOS, M&E Operations and Chef
- To meet with prospective clients and accurately identify their needs
- To plan events that match the needs of the client
- To prepare offer letters/ contracts/ manning schedules
- To ensure events run in the order as specified by the client
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying client needs.
- Maintain the policies set forth in the group sales contract (i.e. deposits, cut off dates, rooming lists, billing instructions etc.)
- To take total responsibilities for receiving all necessary documents and information from the client.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and professional personality and presentation of self
- Experience in meeting & events operations
- Excellent Organization skills/ Problem Solving skills/ able to think outside of the box
- Proven background in creativity and demonstrates a drive for achieving everything
- Accepts flexible work schedule
- Computer Literate & typing skills with experience in Opera system is a must
- Yes I Can! Attitude
- Application deadline: 30/06/2016
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!