The hotel is situated on the ‘IJ’ and in the newest hot spot of Amsterdam between the Passengers Terminal and the Muziekgebouw.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a modern 4 star hotel and offers 408 luxury guest rooms and 2500m2 Conference space devided over 21 state of the art banquet rooms in the hotel and the meeting center. Our guests also have access to the Fitness & Wellness. Other facilities inf the hotel are the Silk Road restaurant that can seat up to 250 persons with the East meets West restaurant concept , Silk Bar and 24 hour Room service. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a partner of IJvenues, together with the Music building, Bimhuis and the Passengers Terminal. For more information go to www.moevenpickhotels.com/amsterdam & www.ijvenues.com
Your main responsibilities are:
- Undertake and oversee check-ins, check-outs, and other guest related services.
- Proper processing and controlling of payments.
- Preparation of various projects, such as internal training, coaching, etc.
- Successfully handle complaints and concerns of guests
- Participate and motivate the team to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Run the night audit independently. (Together with a receptionist)
- Actively share ideas for improving the efficiency and procedures of the department
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of services and facilities of the hotel
- Arrange special services requested by the guest
- Offer professional, attentive and friendly service to our guests and colleagues alike
- Anticipate our guests' needs and to take action to enhance guest satisfaction
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of our security and health & safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and tidy lobby and workspace.
- Prepare and conduct bi-yearly evaluations with assigned staff in cooperation with the Front Office Manager
- Act as a mentor and coach to assigned interns.
- Adequate educational background, preferably at a hotel school
- Work experience in the industry as a Receptionist for a minimum of 3 years, experience as Shift Leader is an advantage
- Hospitable, punctual, enthusiastic, flexible, stress resistant and representative
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach a team
- Strong communication skills
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and English language is mandatory, a third language is a preference
- Possess leadership skills and stress resistance
- Proactive attitude with sense of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel, knowledge of PMS system Opera is an advantage
We are a member of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland and operate according to the Dutch labor agreement.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts offers:
- Pension fund
- Excellent international career development and training possibilities.
- Travel allowance
- Night- and Sunday allowance
- Staff uniforms and laundry service
- Staff meals
- Discounts on Rooms and Food & Beverage within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
- Vitality program
- Tax advantages on bikes and laptops
- Employee recognition Program
- Various staff events
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European Union state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
For this position, it is required to understand and speak the Dutch language. Please have a look at the Dutch vacancy for further information about this position.
Are you interested? Please apply online and send us your application documents including the earliest possible start date, your salary expectations.
For additional information please contact:
Your Human Resources Team Amsterdam
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!