Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels. In joining Marriott Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest – related issues. Assist and check turnovers, figures, postings, billing and documents for accuracy. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized group rooming and financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep group rooming and financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers. Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Complete reports as specified. Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures. Follow – up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved.
Assist management in training, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Anticipate and address guests’ service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Coordinate tasks and work with other departments; serve as a departmental role model or mentor; assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Report work related accidents, or others injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of propriety materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance policies and procedures.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and request using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight and build trust.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting using the guest’s name when possible.
- Anticipate guest services needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guests preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the caller’s name, transferring calls to appropriate department/person, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying message and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guest and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance with co-workers and ensuring they understand their task.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities and problems to co-workers, supervisors, manager, discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., Nextel, pagers and two way radios, email).
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., Daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical service aspects of the job.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Serve as hourly employees’ first point of contact as part of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds with assistance.
General Rooming and Accounting
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
- Classify, record, and summarize rooming and financial data to compile and keep rooming and financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Code documents according to company policies and procedures.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
- Anticipate sold-out situations and determine how many rooms are over-committed.
- Obtain alternative accommodations for guests with reservations when the property cannot accommodate them.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests (e.g., guaranteed room types, special requests, VIP’s, early arrivals, guest recognition).
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with guest or group contact, Sales Department, or Front Desk.
- Oversee accuracy of room blocks and reservations.
- Remove group room blocks from general inventory by entering information into reservation system (e.g., MARSHA, Fidelio, OPERA).
- Communicate with Sales Coordinators and property staff to resolve errors related to group market codes not matching in the PMS and MARSHA systems.
- Set – up proper billing accounts (e.g., share-with, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing, and group bookings) according to accounting policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need