For a successful business or leisure trip to Oman's picturesque capital, the Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb places you where you need to be. It's just a fifteen minute drive from Muscat International Airport to the hotel's stylish lobby, where guests find a warm welcome and a relaxing vibe.
Are you in town for a meeting? A cluster of important institutions lie within a 20-minute drive of the 184-room hotel, including Oman Convention and Exhibition Center, Knowledge Oasis Muscat Technology Park, Rusayl Industrial Estate and Sultan Qaboos University. Downtown Muscat is a pleasant half-hour drive to the east – but you can easily do business in the hotel thanks to free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour Business Center, along with a smart boardroom and spectacular ballroom for 150 guests.
Families on holiday in Muscat appreciate being just three minutes from City Centre Muscat with its countless international and local stores, restaurants and Magic Planet entertainment center. A more traditional shopping experience awaits at Muttrah Souk, where you can haggle for frankincense and gold before strolling along the Corniche..
Your day to day
- Prepare and manage a cost effective budget with measurable targets for department within the financial parameters set down by the hotel budget.
- Develop procedures that track, report on, and control the running costs of the department.
- Plan for future staffing needs.
- Actively work at developing your direct reports and identify high potentials.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Using the tools provided (ie IBP) and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Manager), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account.
- Understand the composition of hotel profitability, and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
- Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions to the Revenue Room Taskforce in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
- Conduct weekly rate/sell strategy (yield) meetings with General Manager, DOSM, Front Office Manager,.
- Manage use of revenue systems* on a daily basis. This includes the responsibility for any manipulation of the yield hurdle points and daily inventory balancing where appropriate. Where a yield management system is not installed this includes responsibility for opening or closing Holidex Plus.
- Manage all channels (CRO, GDS, Internet direct and indirect) including but not limited to room types and sell strategy. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Lowest Internet Rate Guarantee and managing third party distributors in compliance with IHG standards and rules).
- Conduct annual revenue management audits with the Regional Revenue Manager for all revenue generating departments.
- Champion all special projects relating to market research and operational optimization (resource planning, costing, Key Performance Indicators and etc).
- Contribute to the overall strategic plan of the business and help compile the annual hotel business plan.
- Develop a competitive business plan for your operational area and communicate this to your operational colleagues and staff.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.
What we need from you
Revenue & Reservation Manager is responsible for maximizing overall revenue through development and implementation of effective inventory and pricing strategies based on demand and competitor analysis in order to gain market shares. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
Opera central systems knowledge is an advantage.
Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative.
A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property.
Experience with reservation & revenue management reports and market performance reports.
Strong leadership and analytical skills.
Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment. Be proactive, able to “think outside of the box”.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!