This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees. By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
We are a 142-Room Limited Service Hotel in an competitive and booming market with lots of leisure and shopping activities in close proximity.
Essential Job Functions
· Manage the Human Resources of the resort in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and council, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
· To develop short and long term sales goals and action programs for each member of the sales and marketing staff.
· Develop and initiate short and long term marketing programs designed to maximize all revenue expectations.
· Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
· Review all selling activity and provide ongoing training of the sales and catering staff.
· Compile and direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department in accordance with GF Management SOP’s.
Non-essential Job Functions
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
· Assist the supportive staff with the maintenance on sales files.
· Participate in the sales/catering reader board program.
· Supervise the supportive staff in the distribution of all departmental communication.
· Participate in key organizations as recommended by management.
· Organize and attend scheduled sales department and related weekly and monthly meetings.
· Organize and execute direct sales activities including sales blitzes, direct mail campaigns, special events and familiarization trips.
· Monitor all sales activity to ensure all managers fully utilize the ‘sales process.’
· Develop rooms pricing strategies, revenue maximization programs, rooms and meeting space merchandising programs and other sales and marketing programs designed to impact the revenue of the resort.
· Ensure property participation in the various franchise sales and marketing programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience
o A four year college degree preferred. However any combination of education, training of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prior Director of Sales experience required.
· Language Skills
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Mathematical Skills
o Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
· Reasoning Ability
o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Training Needs
o Training in providing quality sales and marketing expertise. Overall understanding of GF Management Reporting. Experience with Microsoft Office products.
· Physical Demands
o The physical demands described here are to representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Competive Pay, Vacation, Sick Pay, Great Work environment, Room for advancement and growth, Competitive Market.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!