The Role: You are an organised, efficient Finance Specialist with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy. You will communicate with vendors, clients, and internal departments, assist with inventory, database, and record maintenance and generally ensure that the finance operations are running smoothly.
With contributions to hotel payments and revenue reporting, this role acts as the gatekeeper of the hotel’s financial transactions. You will drive continued improvement in financial performance, whilst embedding high standards of guest satisfaction and employee engagement into every interaction.
This busy, challenging role provides plenty of room to grow experiences and a real opportunity to quickly progress and develop your career with IHG.
Your Day to Day
- Revenue reconciliation, financial reporting, data entry, record keeping, invoice reconciliation and communicating with vendors, guests and colleagues;
- Be the main point of contact between the hotel and BSC AP and AR team;
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records (Daily Revenue System, Credit Cards, Rooms Reports, Food & Beverage Reports);
- Daily check management check and ensure all checks are compliant with hotel policy;
- Periodic internal auditing tasks directed by the hotel’s Director of Finance;
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner. ensuring accurate daily report of all money received, performs the audit balances and prepares all works for audit in an orderly fashion
- Update and maintain accounting journals (DRS), ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
- Provide reconciliation on all types of credit card reconciliation; Assist in reconciling daily bank/cash balances
- Provide reconciliation on invoices and liaise with department managers to verify the billing accuracy
- Handle accounts payable queries in Food & Beverage and Rooms Division, internal and external, and follow up promptly and efficiently. Follow up on monthly statements from suppliers and work closely with BSC AP team on statement reconciliation;
- Ensure the timely payment of invoices to provide for the reliable delivery of all goods and services to the hotel allowing for an optimal guest stay;
- Assist in maintaining the batch register and balance daily to general ledger;
- Prepare pay run for approval on a weekly basis;
- Assist with purchasing department on receiving goods and services into the hotel’s procurement system;
- Assist in preparing the month and year end statements
- Monitor Advanced Deposit ledger, Guest ledger accounts, PM group and function accounts are reviewed and reconciled;
- Aid in financial audits (internal/external)
- Previous working experience in a Finance/Accounting related position
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Finance/Accounting related field highly regarded
- Understanding of the Hotel Industry standards, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping, financial transactions and MS Office
- Knowledge of Opera, Kronos and PeopleSoft systems is advantageous
- Computer savvy and particularly versed in Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail
- Working in a small team, you will need to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities, while being able to adapt to support the overall hotel operation.
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your career
- You have the opportunity to truly make this role your own and fast track your career with a growing company
- Paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave
- Training and development
- Popular hotel perks and discounts on the retail platform
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Some of the best employee discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage!
We are proud to be Crowne Plaza and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and apply.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Join Crowne Plaza one of the largest and best loved premium hotel brands in the world. With more than 420 hotels in diverse locations globally Crowne Plaza is the perfect base to connect on business, pleasure or a blend of both. We've thoughtfully designed our spaces to encourage, support and celebrate great connections. We're also big on meetings and events, a trusted and valued partner for connecting both domestic and global groups alike.
Our branded service style 'Dare to Connect' is crafted for connection. Designed for humans not nameless guests or colleagues. Still professional but touches guests on an emotional level. Where colleagues take their initiative and use their personality because they make a crucial difference in the guest's experience. The role of every colleague at Crowne Plaza is to create memorable emotional connections and the job of every leader is to create an environment where that can happen. Lets Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Log in to applyLog in to apply