Strategically develop and lead the PIP, Plan Review & Design teams establishing greater consistency in process and direction across the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop policies and procedures for the department to meet the division’s strategic objectives and to assist PIP, Plan Review & Design Managers in maintaining designs and standards that meet guest expectations in all brands and products within the assigned brands.
- Improve policies around recruiting, staffing, training that result in best in class client service as well as creating a positive work environment which results in staff retention
Your day to day
- Plan, organize, control and lead subordinate functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards and operating procedures for assigned functions.
- Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets, and coordinate annual objectives to ensure goals are being met in a cost-effective manner.
- Special Projects –Independently complete special projects (examples include assessment of competitive data, brainstorming of new ideas to better implement strategies, developing innovative consulting or organizational tools, research trends, planning and implementation of targeted programs to hotels, etc.).
- Design, implement and maintain a Property Improvement Plan and Plan Review process to ensure that evaluations and reports are completed in a consistent, timely, cost-effective, and professional manner. Prepare and issue employee communications, in written or oral form, relative too new or changed policies and procedures, department objectives, or standards. Plan and conduct appropriate training events to ensure on-going consistency and competency of the A&D department.
- Maintain knowledge of hospitality industry and current design trends and products relative to brand growth, in order to maintain innovative design criteria and ensure IHG is competitive in the marketplace
- Direct the implementation of design strategies for the Modernization Program for all assigned brands including participation in the development of plan requirements, scheduling and production of individual property evaluations and plan reviews; negotiations with franchisees regarding scope and timing of work requirements; and management of resulting compliance issues.
- Assist with the development of the design element and maintenance of all assigned brand standards for system-wide standards on overall hotel design, architecture, and engineering. Provide direction to the Manager of Brand Standards Administration to ensure timely delivery of new or revised standards manuals. Provide input to the IHG Safety and Security Committee relative to Life Safety, ADA, and other appropriate topics. Assist with providing research and development relating to new FF&E (Furnishings, Finishes and Equipment) standards, new product designs, external signage, and logo use. Provide input for signage standards and approval processes for all assigned brands.
- Assist with the implementation of prototype programs to ensure building designs, construction documents and Cad Disks stay current. Assist with the technical design, implementation and maintenance of the Standardized Room Décor (SRD) program.
- Attend Franchise Approval Committee meetings to provide PIP and general construction information to senior management regarding properties under review. Attend Franchise Compliance Committee meetings as requested to provide information regarding properties in default status.
What we need from you
- Manage ADA-related requirements in a proactive fashion, system-wide, to provide suggestions for property level and guest-related quality improvements required by the ADA.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Effectively train and manage the PIP and Plan Review team members to ensure that all architectural, design and engineering work for franchise hotels meets all assigned brand standards for state-of-the-art production design. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems. Provide direction to PIP Manager, Plan Review Manager & Design Manager, to ensure consistency of department procedures and to meet division’s strategic objectives.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!