Everyone at IHG is aligned behind one clear goal; to deliver True Hospitality for everyone. Harnessing and nurturing talent at the onset of their career in hospitality is part of our DNA and as such we are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team in London. As Director of Engineering you will direct the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and employees and to ensure compliance with all Brand and federal, state, and/or local regulatory and inspection requirements.
- Monitor budget and control expenses within all areas of the department. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and Capital plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Recommend and initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Work with corporate product managers, engineers and/or outside architects regarding renovations and other such projects; contact contractors for bids and meet with appropriate construction supervisors to ensure timely completion of projects within budget and establish future maintenance commitments.
- Direct the daily activities of the department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Educate/train employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Oversee the physical operations of the hotel, including maintenance and repair of interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program goals
- Establish and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., (2) replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste.
- Proven experience in a similar medium to large hotel environment (300 Room Plus)
- Experience in listed buildings and luxury hotel standards
- Daily management for all engineering operations including building and plant maintenance and protection, maintenance of guest rooms, public spaces and energy conservation.
- Long term asset protection and effective Capex management
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
Why work as Director of Engineering:
- £55,000- £60,000 per annum,
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays,
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Discounted international room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Refer a friend bonus
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!