Facilitate and support the expansion and retention of IHG brands primarily through management and franchise agreements of assigned brands in the Americas region. Identify and qualify development opportunities for assigned brands and region. Work closely with Development leadership to assist the team in marketing IHG brands to prospective franchisees, performing activities aimed at meeting development goals and targets and executing deals. Demonstrate behavioral proficiencies to include excellent communication and organizational skills, sales and relationship skills, market and competitive knowledge, financial/analytical skills, and sound reasoning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Execute against the determined business development and brand strategies for Upscale Development and Core Brand Management contracts and/or licenses in the US, Canada and Caribbean.
- Work closely with the Development Marketing team on the creation of marketing collateral and campaigns aimed at generating interest in franchised or managed hotel developments.
- Assist with the completion of internal and external communication and correspondence.
- Follow up with prospects periodically via multiple communication methods in an effort to widen IHG networks and pursue deals.
- Qualify determined incoming leads through calls, industry trade magazines and websites, Lodging Econometrics, and other general sources.
- Communicate on a timely basis all details of qualified leads to the designated RVPs/Regional Directors.
- Provide support to identify and determine prospects for development opportunities through existing or new potential owners; make sales presentations; and participate in the negotiation of sales to include coordination of applications, licenses, management contracts, and joint venture agreements.
- Call on investment groups, financial institutions, insurance companies, asset managers, management companies, individual investors, etc. to develop a network of contacts, build industry relationships, and keep abreast of hotel development opportunities in the assigned marketplace.
- Assist with the implementation of the RVPs/Regional Directors Business Plans.
- Coordinate market and financial analysis of projects with Investment Analysis and Market Planning.
- Manage internal reporting requirements to other departments.
- Manage projects or portions of projects as assigned. Perform other special projects as needed or assigned, including projects involving other departments such as Market Planning, Investment Analysis, Brand Management or Operations. Conduct background research for property performance, market analysis, demographic trends, and competitive information and/or travel trends.
- Assist with presentations for internal and external audiences that will have a positive impact on our brands ability to grow.
- Represent the development team with owners and key internal constituencies etc.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and approval papers for IHG internal approval committees.
- Travel with other team members as needed.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management, Real Estate, Finance or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
4-8+ years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and succinct communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of user. Demonstrated ability to communicate supportive program details (presentation, analysis) to present a persuasive argument or to effectively negotiate a sales position.
- Ability to develop growth strategies and plans related to assigned brand and territory.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and draw conclusions from market and financial data.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other related programs.
- Demonstrated verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial structures and deal valuation concepts
- Hospitable social style
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!