Do you see yourself as an Assistant Front Office Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This position assists in managing all aspects of the front office areas and serves as Front Office Manager in his/her absence. You will assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the Front Office staff. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. You will schedule and conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. You may serve as "manager on duty" as required and perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
- Encourage and builds trust and cooperation amongst team members and other hotel departments.
- To lead, influence and develop others by example.
- Supervise and manage all front office employees under the Front Office Manager.
- The ability to understand all front office roles and be competent to carry out all these roles when business requires. This includes night manager and guest relations manager roles.
- Engage and motivate a team where recognition takes place.
- Open and clear communication with all team members and other hotel departments.
- Manage day to day operations ensuring the standards and service are meeting/exceeding the guest expectations on a daily basis.
- Set SMART goals with individuals and monitor progress and development.
- Manage guest/staff expectations with complaints and lead by example when settling/resolving disputes/conflicts.
- Be innovative and creative with your approach to service.
- Work closely with your Front Office Manager to continually improve staff engagement and guest experience.
- Have consistency with your Front Office Goals and ensure this is communicated to the team.
- Be proactive with guest feedback.
- Support and contribute to staff monthly meetings and in the absence of the Front Office Manager, conduct them.
- Understanding the market trends and shifts in guest expectations – between leisure and corporate.
- To display genuine hospitality skills and sets examples for the team to follow.
- Empowers team members to manage guest expectations for complaints.
- Provides constructive and supportive feedback to all front office staff members.
- Assists with the recruitment of new staff in line with the company guidelines.
- Plan and schedule team members in accordance to business needs.
- Maintain training records for all direct reports.
All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including night, weekends and bank holidays.
Previous experience and track record in working and progressing within hotel front office / reception is a must for this role, as well
- either previous experience of this role in a similar hotel or be currently at Front Office Supervisor level.
- experience in managing a team
- previous experience in emergency response and duty management
- excellent spoken and written command of the English language, other languages are beneficial
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
In return we’ll give you a generous financial package from £25,000-£27,000 dependent on experiance and benefits package including free meals on duty, pension scheme, fitness club membership, hotel discounts worldwide, access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!