The Director of Event Operations will collaborate with the Events Management function and other Hotel Operations teams to develop and effectively and efficiently execute banquet and catering related programs, processes and standards.
A priority will be to strategically manage the daily operations of Event Services, Event Services Set-Up and Event Services Beverage (Banquets/Catering, Convention Set-Up & Banquet Beverage), covering 38,000 square feet of meeting space with a pro-active and service-focused approach. Wild Dunes Resort is proud to be the largest event space in the Charleston area. The role will contribute to the multi-million dollar Events Operations as an active business partner. This includes responsibility and ownership by collaborating and communicating closely with all hotel departments and leaders to ensure the Hotel’s guest service expectations, the employee experience and revenue objectives are met.
The Director of Events Operations responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and leads the Event Services (Banquets), Event Services Set-Up and Event Services (Banquet) Beverage departments while working closely with the Events Management (Catering and Convention Services) and other Hotel Operations departments.
- Coach and motivate employees in achieving exceptional guest service results and department engagement.
- Responsible for leading and developing direct report Manager and Assistant Managers and Supervisors.
- Ability to quickly understand and respond to complex business matters.
- Ability to impact and achieve Meeting Planner satisfaction scores.
- Ensure pro-active communication and client changes are executed appropriately by reviewing Banquet Event Orders daily.
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications.
- Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs.
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and execution of all events with Culinary, Stewarding, Catering/Convention Services, Event Services Set-Up Floor and Beverage.
- Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space.
- Responsible for short and long-term banquet functions in the front and back of the house.
- Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions.
- Performing daily walk-throughs in banquet department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards.
- Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions.
- Participate on the Associate Leadership Committee of the Hotel.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards...whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Qualifications - External
- 3-5 years in Food & Beverage or Event Management leadership role
- Full-Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail-oriented, and organized
- Hotel or equivalent experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
- Previous experience as an Event Services (Banquet) Manager and/or Assistant Director of Food & Beverage preferred
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!