The Hilton Dusseldorf offers its guests 375 rooms arranged in a bright, straight and modern design. The MAX Restaurant with summer garden, the AXIS Bar & Lobby Lounge and the Hilton Fitness area with Health Club invite our guests to relax and unwind. The Hilton Dusseldorf has 21 meeting and conference rooms for events with up to 1,300 participants. The hotel is located between the Kennedydamm and the Rhine River, right in the vicinity of the international airport, the city Center with its famous old town and the trade fair.
We are looking for an individual with the desire and ability to sell a 375 room business hotel with a conference and banqueting space including a 1000sqm ballroom.
As a Sales Manager you are responsible of developing and fostering business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, mailings, appointments and site inspections. You will developed a Sales plan that maximizes revenue by driving the sale of conference facilities and guest rooms by identifying opportunities. You will be working the hotel team to properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
What we offer:
- Great opportunity for an individual to take on responsibility on their Sales career path as a last step before becoming Asst. Director of Sales
- Competitive Salary upon agreement
- A variety of recognition opportunities
- Annual Bonus Plan: 10% of Annual Salary
- A full benefit package including performance incentives
- We are committed to provide a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment
- A charismatic team with the drive for delivering extraordinary service
- Free staff parking upon availability
- The city of Dusseldorf with a great quality of life
- Free cleaning of 1 pantsuit and 5 shirts
- Hilton University
- Employee rates for overnight stays at all Hilton hotels worldwide
- Responsible for Corporate and Travel Agent Room Sales for the hotel
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies, setting goals and determining action plans to meet those goals
- Updating action plans and financial objectives quarterly
- Identifying new markets and business opportunities and increase sales
- Representing the Hotel in events and exhibition
- Implementing all sales action plans related to the market areas as outlined in the marketing plan
- Conducting daily sales calls and arranging site inspections with corporate clients
- Being able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties & developing professional long term business relationships
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times
- Participating in sales calls to acquire new business and/or close on business
- Being able to supports hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Work closely with Director of Sales to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels
- Attending department and hotel meetings as necessary
- Targeting potential key accounts for the company
- Building and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, site inspections etc.
- Developing relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities
- Managing and developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients
- Proven success in a similar role and environment.
- Empathy towards your customers and colleagues
- Attention to detail
- Polished personal presentation with warm, confident and hospitable personality
- Proven sales experience
- Excellent knowledge of various computer software programs
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Up to date with Social Media trends
- Guest-oriented and service-minded
- Ability to work under pressure and high flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Accountable and resilient
- At least good German and English language skills are necessary
- Commitment to deliver a high level of customer service
- Hands-on mentality with active involvement in daily business
- Structured and well-organized way of working
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry's legal rules and guidelines
- Preferably knowledge of the local market (North-Rhine-Westphalia)
3 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or apprenticeship and sufficient work experience.
2 to 3 year's experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!