Hilton is looking for a Procurement Manager for its Paris Opera Hotel.
About Hilton & Hilton Supply Management
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,700 properties with more than 1.000,000 rooms in 119 countries and territories. In the 100+ years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands.
Hilton Supply Management (HSM) is the largest global hospitality-focused organization that supports our brands, owners, and operators. With 6 billion dollars of spend influence and over 2000 suppliers, this function has transformed how supply chain and procurement adds value to the hospitality industry. HSM is a strong partner to all our brands, helping influence and drive programs with unique and distinctive products and services. HSM is proud of its diverse and skilled team members worldwide that also give back to the community by supporting aggressive sustainability, supplier diversity, and responsible sourcing goals.
“This position can be hybrid with the option combine working remote and in the area office”
As the Procurement Manager France, you are a self-starter that ensures the corporation is in a cost-competitive position across all categories of spend. You will design, develop, and execute category strategies, negotiation plans, sourcing events, and distribution arrangements. You will build positive relationships with suppliers and develop strategic partnerships and business plans to grow HSM spend and revenue. You and your team will provide category insights, identify meaningful trends, drive increased program participation, develop and propose recommendations to strengthen the strategic planning of the Brands and other Hilton functional areas. You will drive and support a variety of business initiatives, including Brand strategies, Corporate Responsibility initiatives, and HSM priorities in a proactive manner aimed at maintaining a competitive advantage.
A Manager Procurement France will:
- Cultivate an environment that attracts and retains best in class talent within Hilton/HSM. Support recruitment, HSM development programs and develop a pool talent allowing better succession planning.
- Technical understanding of the procurement industry ideally linked to hospitality and its products, services, production and distribution.
- Specific knowledge of the hospitality industry and related suppliers with the ability to develop comprehensive procurement programs,
- Ability to analyze financial data as required in order to make strategic and tactical decisions while overseeing the procurement strategy and tactics across the region.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team (direct and indirect reports) to fulfill responsibilities in keeping with core strategic goals as well as personal development plans.
- Identify critical success factors to ensure HSM outputs meet stakeholder requirements and purchasing needs.
- Work directly with Operators, Owners, Brand teams & functional leads to understand strategic priorities and goals and leverage them to develop future procurement plans.
- Oversee relevant metrics reporting and goals for the region to ensure that departmental objectives stay on track.
- Develop strategies and activities for group purchasing participation, revenue generating opportunities and fee-based Projects.
- Ensure adequate service levels related to all aspects of the purchasing and supply process are provided to Hilton managed operations as well as third party Group Procurement Organization (GPO) accounts.
- Support CSR and responsible sourcing strategies and activities for the region in coordination with the HSM Responsible Sourcing leader.
- Oversee the development and implementation of procurement strategies designed to reduce costs, improve product and service quality, and expedite delivery.
- Optimize the use of technology to streamline procurement processes in partnership with HSM Centre of Excellence and Business Application teams.
- Prepare requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for quotes (RFQs) from subcontractors and suppliers in support of the business development function.
- Stay abreast of market trends, accounting and auditing standards, and new commercial rules and best practices.
- Ensure purchasing documents are in compliance with relevant legislation and local laws, rules and regulations; resolving high profile issues; informing management of changes to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Define and execute regional and local sourcing strategies and ensure they are executed in a way that is consistent with business strategies and cost, quality, service, and risk management objective.
- Oversee proper controls to ensure compliance to brand standards and specifications are achieved.
- Ensures that all procurement tools (such as Birch Street, Navision, Bravo Solutions, SmartSpend, Tableau, Salesforce, Costumer Portal) are implemented and maintained where possible to their full productivity as well as system support and training is offered to all stakeholders.
- Develop, manage and implement regional and centrally led international procurement programs and ensure that these programs have a sound legal, financial and logistical set-up.
A typical split in tasks can be divided in:
- Country and Regional Sourcing 50%
- Procurement Excellence 20%
- Organizational and Planning activities 15%
- Directing and controlling activities 15%
Desired skills & attributes:
We seek a self-starter who can work independently, and we believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinking
- Leadership skills and influencing abilities
- Business accountability
- Creative thinking
- Conflict resolution
- Expert analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to direct and motivate a talented team
- Ability to apply strategic direction, and develop plans that align with the organization’s core strategic objectives
- Collaboration skills with multiple brands & stakeholders throughout Hilton’s organizational structure
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Self-confidence, good communication and presentation skills
It would be useful if you can demonstrate working experience in purchasing, procurement, supply chain, contract negotiations and leadership experience within operations/supply management.
- Minimum Education: BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or experience in lieu thereof.
- Experience: Direct responsibility and accountability, for managing high spend categories/business that includes contract closing, prospecting, and complex negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel as required (up to 20%).
- Languages: Ability to read, write and speak French and English sufficiently to read quotations, analyze bids, write instructions for bidders and communicate with co-workers, staff and suppliers.
- Ability to work with systems and advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee, you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!