Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a renowned property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guest expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
At Hilton Amsterdam we are currently looking for a Front Office Supervisor on a fulltime basis. As Supervisor, you will supervise reception operations to ensure consistently-delivered exceptional customer service to guests. The Supervisor must perform the following tasks to the highest standard:
140 night shifts per year as Night Front Office Supervisor and remaining shifts during the day as Front Office Supervisor
- Support Team Members in handling guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome
- Ensure a consistent, high level of customer service and respond to guest complaints and disturbances
- Supervise accurate and efficient reception operations including check in/out procedures
- Drive sales revenues and promote hotel services and facilities for up-selling opportunities
- Understand and apply correct finance and hotel credit policy procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have updated knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards
- Act in accordance with the front of house equipment and the property management systems
- Conduct training programs on an ongoing basis
- Carry out shift handovers and brief team members as required
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments and maintain good working relationships with hotel Team Members
- Assist guests with luggage when necessary
- Represent the Front Office Manager in his/her absence during the night shift
- Act with responsibility in emergency situations
- Perform the Night Audit and ensure all reports are prepared for next day operations
- During night shift support Room-Service department by being responsible for the Night Menu
- Make book-outs if necessary
- Performs security checks of interior and exterior of the premises
Required skills and competences
A Front Office Supervisor at Hilton Amsterdam always works on behalf of our guests and works with other Team Members. To fill this role successfully, we ask the below experience, attitude, skills, and values:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Able to work morning-, evening- and nightshifts (majority of shifts during the night)
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program;
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities;
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program;
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels;
- Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions;
- Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums;
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
- Incentive program based on performance.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!