A Director of Sales manages the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local and international market.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Sales, you are responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. A Director of Sales will manage customer relationship for the accounts and markets for which they are responsible, with the aim of developing the transient and groups sales. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage hotel sales actions plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives of the business and use these plans to focus the sales efforts for all market segments
- Expand the hotel’s reach internationally with a specific sales action plan
- Develop a portfolio of High end agencies
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support
- Identify appropriate tradeshows for the hotel and prepare the program of the ones the hotel is participating into
- Develop new international and luxury markets (MICE and leisure)
- Propose innovative strategies to boost sales
- Carry out weekly and monthly reportings and monitor key performance indicators (KPI)
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Execute initiatives as outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competitive set. Organize and/or attend scheduled group and related meetings
- Monitor offers, options and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, congresses and seminars in close cooperation with the Group Coordinator
- Actively participate and complete the preparation of the annual Sales and Market Plan, quarterly updates, and the complexed hotels' annual Budgets.
- Contribute to the development of company sales initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity
- Organise comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential Guests
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel owners and senior management team
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales initiatives
A Director of Sales serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude, good communication skills and comfortable with speaking in public
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Previous experience in a similar position developing international market
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
- Demonstrated previous experience in a Sales role with the proven ability to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the international and local market
- Knowledge of hospitality industry
- A passion for sales and target-based performance
- Relevant degree, in sales, business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!