The Commercial Director, is responsible for developing a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize total revenue and profit performance as well as market share penetration of the hotel.
What will I be doing?
The Commercial Director, is responsible for developing a commercial strategy covering all segments and channels to maximize total revenue and profit performance.
This role will drive the planning and execution of the commercial strategy and activity through supporting the Revenue management team, Sales, Catering and Events, Marketing, eCommerce and Public Relations teams, through working effectively with area support teams. F&B commercial activities will be shared responsibilities with the F&B Manager, Director of Operations, GM and the Commercial Director.
The Commercial Director is a role model for the commercial community , develops teams and individuals in these functions whilst being a Key business partner to the Hotel General Manager. They support hotels in deriving the most value from Hilton Worldwide Sales teams. The Commercial Directors role is key to seize new opportunities through strong customer relations and works as an Ambassador for the company with our Owners and Key Stakeholders. .
The role ensures that commercial management strategies are set for all revenue streams and that all systems are used to their full potential to yield the highest possible amount of revenue from all available space, whether in Rooms, Meeting Space, outlets or other revenue departments. Driving overall FMS results gaining an Unfair share through a disciplined execution of commercial activities.
A Commercial Director will be lead, coach, develop, recruit and retain future talents. He/she will manage performance, develop and evaluate the commercial team members on the agreed KPI’s, whilst working effectively as part of a 4D structure on property. Specifically, a Commercial Director will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Directly accountable for driving the Top line Budget and Forecast by implementing a commercial strategy and business plan through to execution using the Hilton Worldwide Commercial Focus process and all available business tools and intelligence available. Deliver as a minimum the budgeted revenues across all revenue streams, To include but not limited; All Rooms, GC&E, F&B, Leisure and Spa with a control on cost of sale, route to market, channel shift and marketing / Ecommerce opportunities.
- Work with the GM, Finance and Operations Director to ensure profits are maximized in line with TGOP and EBITDA targets set.
- Ensure Business Review Guidelines (current to + 5 years) all Pricing & Rate Quotation Strategies are in place in order to maximize all pricing components of sales and catering opportunities and achieve positive group market share.
- Support various On Property, RDOS’s, and Area Marketing teams in coordinating hotel level marketing, sales and public relations activities. Liaise with regional support and brand teams to provide maximum benefit to hotel performance.
- Support the Cluster Revenue Managers/On Property Revenue Manager and RMCC to establish an optimal mix, review and validate forecasts, develop strategies for different demand periods, and review and approve retail and group pricing strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, owners, hotel teams, HWW matrix support teams to ensure commercial benefits of the hotel.
- Liaise with VP of Operations, presents commercial strategies to Regional Team and key stakeholders.
- Consistently conforms to Hilton brand standards and corporate identity and utilizes all communication tools (under the guidance of regional marketing and BPS).
- Keeps in touch with Market trends and review/amend strategies accordingly in line with the evolving market conditions.
- Participate in the leadership activity of the Hotel and Region.
What are we looking for?
A Commercial Director serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of 3+ year’s hospitality/travel industry experience in a revenue generating or commercial services role.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience presenting sales plans, presentations, etc. to senior level executives and constituent groups
- 3+ experience working in a collaborative/matrixed environment
- 3+ years working with departmental financial data to make strategic/tactical decisions
- 3+ years of experience evaluating and identifying business opportunities for a business
- At least 3 years of experience managing a sales or commercial team
- Fluent in English
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- 3+ years working in a multi-complex hotel/travel industry environment.
- Experience in multiple disciplines with knowledge of Marketing, E-commerce, and Finance.
- Local language, strong attribute to have.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!