With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Account Manager will proactively manage and grow accounts for Hilton Worldwide, with a special focus on the Group / MICE segment. The role will look after these accounts on a global basis and be accountable for the performance of their account portfolio. They will create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both internal and external customers. We are pleased to offer remote working opportunities with this role.
What will I be doing?
The Account Manager will work in the HWS team with other account managers / directors and will be responsible for driving group business into Hilton's portfolio of hotels on a global basis. The Account Manager will be responsible for a set number of accounts to penetrate. The activities will include managing group inquiries and driving group conversions, organising familiarisation trips and presenting to customers on new hotel openings, new brands, refurbishments and special offers. They will also be responsible for identifying new accounts outside of their account base, negotiating CMTG agreements to drive share and attending relevant tradeshows representing Hilton Worldwide.
Planning Activities 20%
- Develops strategy and direction for the account base inline with the companies revenue strategies.
- In parts, total account management focus, quickly identifying which segments of the business have the most opportunity to drive share.
- Identifies and evaluates new business opportunities within their current account base.
- Executes strategic account development plans and supports communications of key messages internally & externally.
- Establishes procedures and processes in relation to managing the account portfolio to drive market share.
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy and activities of their account base.
- Develops strong relationships with key hotels that receive business from the account portfolio understanding the hotels individual strategy.
Organising Activities 20%
- Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company's revenue strategies.
- Assignment of tasks ensuring optimum allocation of resources, utilising the support of the Hilton Direct team.
- Ensures relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Establishes and develops long term effective working relationships with key customers to drive business.
- Networking with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
- Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
- Maximizing all opportunities by developing relationships with third parties (MICE agents & TMC's).
- To build, implement and communicate the account strategies, delivering the expected targets.
- To develop Account Plans that specify objectives time-scales and sales activities to support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account penetration.
- Accurately identifies the level of influence and decision making power of contacts in the customer organisation and uses these to secure business.
- Attendance at Industry Conferences and events.
- Accountable for communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a quarterly basis, along with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
Directing Activities 20%
- Directs the accounts to ensure the maximum level of penetration.
- Executes organisational directives to the Hilton Direct colleagues, encouraging achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
- Reviews Account Development Plans on a quarterly basis, updating records accordingly.
- Implements account specific marketing initiatives to help drive the business.
- Agrees marketing activity to underpin the account strategies and deliver increase market share.
Staffing Activities 5%
- Ensures weekly 1:1's are conducted with Hilton Direct colleagues as appropriate to accomplish goals.
Controlling Activities 15%
- Assesses actual performance versus the target to ensure success and takes corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensures Account Development plan is followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary.
- Maintains Salesforce to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account information is kept.
- To ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton procedures.
- Work with the support team ( Sales coordinators) to ensure tasks are carried out as directed by the customer.
- To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and communicate future plans.
- Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account penetration.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure productive and effective meetings are established and customer information cross referenced and to ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer value' when dealing with a tender coming from a specific customer.
- Attendance at sales workshops.
- Involvement in various projects to support the team's strategies.
- Additional supportive functions as appropriate.
- Support Colleagues to achieve appointments with our clients for Sales Weeks.
- Plan and attend the Familiarisation Trips that are detailed in the account development plans to support driving market share.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking
- Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to others
- Budget development and management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance
- Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change.
- Prioritises, organises and uses a systematic approach to get things done.
- Ability to think and articulate a vision for business sales and capable of translating this into practical and tangible actions.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Takes calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate supervisor and other relevant team members.
- Contributes and is effective when team working with peers.
- Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate professional image to customers and external contacts.
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
- Adapts quickly and positively to any new situations.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
- Hotel apprenticeship and work experience in a hotels sales role
- University degree or experience in lieu thereof
- Work experience in customer facing, revenue generating roles including management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Fluency in English
- Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue or Operating roles
- In-depth knowledge of business sector managed
- International experience advantageous
- Working knowledge of at least one other European language
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!