What will I be doing?
Preparing financial forecast for proposed hotels
A typical proforma analysis includes a site/hotel evaluation from the viewpoint of its utility for operation as a hotel; an analysis of the neighbourhood/city/country; understanding hotel demand patterns; determining a competitive set for the proposed hotel and investigating new supply entering the market; projecting hotel demand and average daily rate; benchmarking costs against other Hilton properties, competitive benchmarks, and industry standards.
Prepare financial analysis, forecasts and scenario assessments for existing assets (owned & leased)
In addition to the market analysis and forecasting as outlined above, asset management projects require extensive analysis of the operational structure, financial performance and contract terms of a subject hotel as well as thorough assessment of the proposed scenarios (e.g. lease extensions, renovation options, sale vs hold scenarios). Considering the potentially high levels of investment by Hilton, these assignments require a high level of accuracy and sophistication.
Perform investment analyses & valuations of hotels
The proforma P&L serves as a basis for investment analyses and valuations, often of complex commercial terms. The investment analyses and valuations support the decision-making process of our internal clients, including Development, Real Estate, Finance, and Executive Management.
• Prepare various scenarios for deal structuring including ‘pros & cons’ and recommendations
• Prepare memos summarizing projections and valuations
• Briefing internal clients and Executive Management on methodology and findings, as required
Internal & External Client Relationship Development & Management
Represent the department internal and externally while developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships. Communicate and co-operate with senior leadership within the organization. Attends departmental and external meetings pertinent to work assignments and address topics of analysis. Communicate the role and objectives of the F&IA function internally and externally.
Directly reporting to Director Feasibility & Investment Analysis, Europe, Middle East and Africa. No direct reports however supporting supervision of entry-level and Intern positions within the group is required on a project-specific basis.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Passion for the industry and pro-active awareness of tourism/hotel/investment market trends
• Working knowledge and familiarity with geographic hotel markets in Europe and/or Middle East and/or Africa
• Committed to professional excellence, self-critical and driven to learn
• Inquisitive and analytical mindset, attention to detail and problem-solving oriented; ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience in and working knowledge of hotel operations and systems
• Conceptual/working knowledge of key hospitality disciplines (e.g. revenue management, distribution)
• Ability to work with and build financial spreadsheets (in Excel), format documents (Word), prepare PowerPoint presentations, and leverage other web-based tools
• Thorough understanding of valuation of real estate, hotel investment and/or financing
• Working knowledge of typical contract/legal structure in hospitality, i.e. franchise and management contracts, lease contracts, JV structures, etc.
• Ability to apply principles of corporate finance, solid knowledge of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI)
• Timely and detailed coordination of individual and collective assignments, including active communication with stakeholders, and coaching/review of other team members involved.
• Ability to collaborate, inspire and motivate other Team Members. Critically review, provide constructive feedback and critique analyses prepared by others
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler