The Finance Leadership Fast-Track Program (Malaysia) is a Corporate Finance initiative, to focus on the development of emerging finance professionals, to enable placement as Finance Leaders (Directors of Finance or Finance Managers) across Malaysia.
By joining Hilton through the Finance Leadership Fast-Track program, candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
- Fast track career development
- Structured training through various exposure opportunities in country
- On the job experience through participation in social projects
- Mentoring and coaching support from key management staff/division heads
- Development the right capabilities and competencies to take on a future key leadership role within Hilton Finance
You will be hired at an Assistant Director of Finance level based at the selected hotel, supporting an existing Director of Finance in performing the following tasks to the highest standards.
- Carry out best practice financial accounting processes in a robust control environment.
- Responsible for the overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the hotel ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory fiscal requirements and timetables.
- Ensure that the balance sheet is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel, regularly reviewed, and reconciliations of all accounts performed.
- Ensure compliance with the management agreement with Hilton International, and any Owner / Lease agreement.
- Maintain a focused system of internal controls, which will provide an effective and efficient control over hotel assets, liabilities, revenue and costs, ensuring compliance with company policy.
- Ensure legal and tax compliance, and that adequate insurance cover is maintained.
- Manage the pension scheme where applicable, ensuring that adequate accounting, actuarial and legal controls are in place.
- Ensure valid permits and licenses have been obtained for such matters as importation, currency transfers and hotel operations (bars, clubs, casinos etc.).
- Take responsibility for the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts which may affect the financial status of the hotel.
- Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External Audit ensuring that an effective programme of in-hotel audit is in place and that corrective action is promptly taken where required.
- Develop high quality management information and performance measurement that is timely and accurate.
- Implement reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators, using the balanced scorecard. Reporting should not only look to historical performance within the hotel, but also outward and forward.
- The Management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary, at any point of time during her / his employment.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Candidates should be a resourceful individual who is innovative, have flexibility and possess a strategic mind-set. The basic selection criteria are:
- In-country mobility within Malaysia
- University Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Management
- At least 3 year experience in a managerial operational accounting role
- Excellent written and spoken English to meet business needs
- Ability to lead, to provide guidance and to develop team members
- Line operations management and labor related experience preferred.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As a Hilton Team Member, you will be eligible to reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Log in to applyLog in to apply