A Director of Catering and Events at Hilton Omaha is responsible for directing and administering catering operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Hilton Omaha is the largest hotel in the state with incredible event space, a central location and a seasoned, successful staff!
What will I be doing?
As Director of Catering and Events, you would be responsible for directing and administering catering operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer all catering operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, soliciting new accounts, negotiating contracts, merchandising and marketing, planning, event execution, cost control implementation, systems management, budget and forecasting, department management, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Develop market segments, solicit new customers, negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with current customers
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate with and provide direction and supervision to team members to execute catering events
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!