Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.Your missions :
The Sales Executive handles customer inquiries within predefined parameters and communicates booking information to hotel service departments. Actively up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties. Aligns customer profile with the appropriate product; Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards.
Sales and Marketing
- Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities for business that is within parameters of the London Sales Office. Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside EBC parameters.
- Ensures business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Processes all business correspondence within acceptable time limits. Creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manages and maintains account files.
- Effectively managed business opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Maximizes revenue by up selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Balanced Scorecard Results: Supports strategies and conducts activities to drive market share, guest satisfaction and financial results.
- Sales and Marketing: Builds the top line revenue for multiple properties and brands by focusing on reactive group sales. Up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves individual and team sales goals to enable business success.
- Guest Satisfaction: Ensures sales information provided to the properties is accurate, complete and timely and enables units to meet or exceed guest expectations. Continuously focuses on improving guest satisfaction to create customer loyalty and increase market share.
- Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
- Transfers accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments at the properties.
- Effectively resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of EBC Leadership Team as appropriate.
- Participates in guest satisfaction review sessions to identify areas of improvement. Shares recommendations to address guest service issues.
Your profile :
- Varies by size and complexity of property
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
- Possesses excellent telephone communication skills
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Effective sales skills to up sell products and services
- Ability to manage and balance group and local business
- Knowledge of group business
- Ability to implement successful sales strategies for multiple properties
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including SFA, NGS, Delphi, PMS, MARSHA etc.
- Good analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Additional information :
- Posting Date: Apr 13, 2016
- Brand: Corporate
- Schedule: Full-time
- Relocation: No
- Position Type: Management
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!