With more than 300 managed properties worldwide (including conference centers) our flagship brand, Marriott Hotels & Resorts celebrates the drive, focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort.Your mission :
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
- Understands the International Source Markets environment : competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, new trends and actors
- Strives to achieve personal and each property’s revenue goals.
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Identifies and develops new markets/accounts.
- Developing and executing sales plans
- Develops and implements an effective sales plan.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder expectations on this segment : external (clients) and internal (GM’s and hotels sales leaders)
- Works collaboratively with the main Marriott GSOs (Global Sales Offices). Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively
- Interacts with the MarCom Manager Paris for specific dedicated actions related to his accounts portfolio : flyers, e-marketing campaigns, customer events ….
- Utilizes clients networks for resources and information
- Conducts site inspections and fam trips if relevant
- Creates contracts as required.
Your profil :
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
- 2 years as Hotel Sales Manager at a property level or in another structure, hospitality industry preferred
- Good overview and knowledge of multiple segments strategy and management incl Luxury Corporate
- Stakeholders relationship management : owners, regional sales offices etc …
Skills and Knowledge
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
- Supporting Sales Implementations - Supporting customers during the implementation of sales contracts; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Position requires ability to travel internationally.
- English & Arabic fluency is required, and French is recommended
- Ability to effectively present information to a group
Contract : Permanent Contract
Contract starting date : April 2015
Experience : experimented
Job status : Executive
Job category : External Sales
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!