50 years of expertise at the service of the highest figures in the political, economic and artistic world, we are recognised as the Intercontinental of reference in Europe. You wish to develop your career in a luxury environment and be part of a leading global hotel brand... We open the doors to your career by joining us.Under the general guidance and supervision of the Area Director of Sales and Marketing – Luxury and Upscale Brands and within the limits of established IHG Corporate / Sales policies and procedures, manages all aspects of the Sales agenda for all IHG luxury and upscale properties within a defined region of Europe (InterContinental and Hotel Indigo brands), or hotels that remain outside of this set-up (some Crowne Plaza Hotels) overseeing execution of Sales activities within the assigned area. The position also plays a leading role in promoting the company working culture embracing the Winning Ways which are: Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together, and encourage the adoption of the Winning Ways throughout the on-property Sales & Marketing team members.
Your missions :
- Produces both the region’s and assumes overall responsibility for the hotel’s annual sales and marketing and revenue plans to ensure sales strategies and activities lead to projected revenues and allocated expenditures are effectively used in order to deliver returns to owners and IHG.
- Drives execution of the regions and hotel’s sales and marketing plans.
- Oversees, recommends and guides activities of hotel Directors of Sales and their field sales teams. Responsible for the effective integration of hotels into the region’s Marketing Forums, playing an active role in the planning and implementation of sales activity across the region in tandem with off-property sales teams and Director of Marketing InterContinental, Commercial Partnerships and Loyalty Optimisation for the benefit of the region.
- Manages the effectiveness of the region’s sales team members through the utilization of their individual strengths and abilities and supports ongoing business development. Indentifies and recommends sales training designed to improve the selling and customer service skills of sales staff and implements all IHG STI and KPO planning in tandem with the Area Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Collaborates with Human Resources / Training and Development at hotel and area level in the identification, recruiting and on-boarding of DOSM’s and delivery of specialised training needs.
- Works with Area Marketing Managers and Marketing Forums, segment Directors of Sales, Global Sales offices and General Managers to coordinate sales activities within the assigned region when implemented.
- Procure new and repeat business for the hotels by managing the regions hotel contact with airlines, travel agencies, meeting planners, corporate accounts, professional associations etc in key feeder markets and within domestic markets and encourages cross selling of all other IHG hotels across the region and beyond where applicable.
- Works alongside the Area Director of Sales and Marketing and other area team heads to help shape and develop the future set-up of the region, commensurate with the aims and objectives of the area team for the regions and other IHG executives as necessary.
- Adopts and implements all IHG GSM/SMLT etc strategies across the region for which this role is responsible as directed by the Area Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for driving the utilization of IHG Sales tools at hotel level; and as such, will be in charge of implementing the sales standards that will be audited by this role on a yearly basis
- Is a brand custodian in the region and is responsible for the representation of all brand standards, collateral, advertising, promotions and displays for the designated region and hotels as designated. Must ensure that all brand standards and values are maintained at all times by hotel and across the region.
- Reviews consumer marketing research data and analysis to understand economic / consumer trends and monitors competitor activities to assist sales and marketing staff to develop practical sales strategies to increase rate and occupancy levels and drive RGI targets. Suggests sales activity based upon customer’s needs that are:
- Deemed to be suitable for location execution
- Are part of agreed sales activity
- Are executed as part of regional European Managed Estate’s sales and marketing activity or beyond at a European or global level.
- Close cooperation with Luxury and Upscale division for forecasting, yield management and pricing, working closely with Revenue management at a regional and area level to implement revenue management policies, practices and procedures as deemed necessary by the region and IHG.
- Is responsible for the production of all pre-opening marketing (NHOP) and revenue planning for new hotels within the assigned area. Develops sales plans in a strategic and brand focused manner for all future openings of all IHG brands within the role’s remit across the region.
- Responsible for driving Regional Sales plans/activities on behalf of the InterContinental portfolio, as agreed during budget planning
- Responsible for internal communication of sales plans and strategies to all relevant teams involved to achieve agreed goals.
- Leads internal and external communication of such plans across the region.
- Drives e-commerce activities of the hotel (GDS marketing, Hotelligence analysis, marketing of packages, affiliates and control of OTA’s) alongside revenue management team, regional team and VP and Directors of Operations and as issued by DCM and Performance Marketing team.
- Ensure that pricing determined by revenue management is executed and up selling goals are in place and achieved.
- Maintain good relationships with all worldwide sales offices and key account directors. This involves:
- Implement the IHG Way of Sales and Solutions Selling practices.
- Ensures that the regions DoS/M’s conduct bi-annual sales audits per hotel as per annual KPO’s set
- Monitor and take corrective action for the Winning Metrics and Commercial Scorecard per hotel
- Ensure hotels take part in all country, regional sales/marketing activity as determined by GSO’s in their annual sales plans.
- Take an active role personally and with team members in attending:
- IHG Sales blitzes, client workshops, road shows, trade shows, area team meetings, area team calls/meetings etc as deemed necessary for the benefit of the hotels.
- Represents hotels and region during promotional activities (familiarisation trips, trade shows etc)
- Marketing: ensures that all marketing campaigns from a regional / global level are implemented across the region, such as, but not limited to:
- Retail leisure campaigns ( Summer, Weekend, Senior, Family, High End Leisure)
- Meetings market marketing campaigns
- Corporate marketing campaigns
- Collateral / promotional material
- Luxury market sales and marketing activity.
- Number of employees supervised – None
- Key Metrics : As per the Winning Metrics per region, KPO’s as set annually for the position
Key Internal Relationships
- General Managers / Hotel Managers
- Hotel Directors of Sales and Marketing
- Area Director of Sales and Marketing
- Area Director of Revenue for the region
- Regional Director of Revenue for the region
- Area Director of Operations for the region
- Area support teams responsible for the region (Finance, HR)
- VP Operations Luxury and Upscale Brands - Europe
- VP Commercial Europe
- Key Account Directors, global account directors and managers within IHG’s global sales offices
- Directors of regional marketing forum
- UK based head office teams, including but not limited to Distribution Commercial Marketing, Marketing, Global Sales, PR
- European managed estate area team members/colleagues: Director of Revenue Management Europe, other Area Directors of Sales and Marketing in Europe
Your Skills :
Is action oriented and passionate, team focused, and possesses communication and active listening skills, builds consensus and has competent negotiation skills. Is outgoing / people oriented, is positive in approach / outlook. Has knowledge of and understanding for change procedures and market requirements, actively partners with colleagues, guests and employees. Displays diplomacy, courtesy, cultural awareness and is familiar with owner relations and in dealing with executive members of a corporate organisation. The role requires a well balanced approach towards understanding the business, is a creative thinker, has the ability to analyse, interpret and extract trends from data, and has a desirable affinity to put into practice successful revenue driving solutions.
- Degree level of higher education.
- The role must be a fluent in two European languages including English
- International strategic sales experience with a detailed knowledge of the region for which the role is responsible
- Experience in marketing, hotel/travel industry/hospitality/travel management and brands at a regional level, in a high revenue driving environment, hotel based or regionally.
- Experience with multi-brand entity
- Geographical / international experience
- Experience in launching and marketing new hotels in national market and internationally where applicable
- MUST : Attend any IHG relevant courses relative to the job function as deemed necessary.
- SHOULD : Be familiar with the use of: Delphi, Opera, Fairsales and has a fair Holidex system knowledge/ or can demonstrate competency in similar system use. Or, can demonstrate an independent ability to be proficient in similar
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package including hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!