HG® is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with more than 350,000 people working across almost 100 countries to deliver Great Hotels Guests Love®. We have a diverse portfolio of differentiated brands that are well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world. Whatever their needs, we have the right hotel brand for both our guests and owners.Your missions :
- Provide required documentation in response to unemployment claims. Participate in unemployment hearings as needed. Ensure that paperwork is complete and documentation is thorough so the company’s position can be legally and effectively represented.
- Conduct, document and analyze data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports and etc. to identify trends, training needs, supervisory issues, etc., to improve employee satisfaction and retention.
- Coordinate, support and administer all other corporate initiatives such as annual merit process, short term incentive process, benefit enrollment and communication, wage and hour surveys, etc.)
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel staff, Corporate Human Resources, and Corporate Legal and HR Shared Services/Hite to Retire.
- Identify, recruit, and make recommendations for hiring candidates for all hotel positions. Screen, interview and test applicants; coordinate background checks/references, and process applicable paperwork, etc. Oversee the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files on all employees. Ensure that company hiring standards, laws and applicable regulations are followed in the application, hiring and selection process. Work with department heads to anticipate and plan for upcoming staffing needs and related budgets.
Interact with outside contacts:
- Candidates and applicants – discuss employment opportunities and conduct interviews
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matterso
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media).
- Support and administer an effective employee relations program. Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential liability to the Company, and facilitate resolution. Support and promote the Employee Resolution process.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, government agencies, and company policies and procedures (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, wage and hour, Affirmative Action, employee records administration, etc.). Conduct annual HR compliance/standards self-audit. Communicate and interpret all company and hotel policies and procedures. Review and make recommendations as appropriate to management and/or HMG Human Resources to improve HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Facilitate effective training and development programs for employees which may include programs such as new brand initiatives, guest service training, the progressive discipline process, performance management process, and related management programs and initiatives. Conduct new employee orientation to familiarize employees with Company standards, policies, procedures, rules and other employee programs.
- Ensure worker’s compensation claims are properly documented and reported. Ensure that there is an active safety committee at the hotel, which safety programs are implemented, and that employees are motivated to follow safety procedures.
- May coordinate and administer locally developed specialized recognition programs.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITYThis job is second command in Human Resources for a large full service luxury or resort property, typically employing more than 150 employees.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees, vendors, and corporate human resources and legal staff.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return, we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance along with a generous 401(k) plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!