The Senior Web Manager, Europe will serve as a key leader in Choice Hotel Europe’s newly restructured marketing team. This new position will be responsible for optimizing the user experience on all European digital platforms to increase conversion rates, across devices. We are just about to start the work on replacing all our European ecommerce sites, and as Senior Web Manager, Europe, you will be an important member of the project, ensuring that the needs of the modern European travellers are met.
Does this sound like a role you could see yourself in? Take a quick read below and see if your experience fits. If yes, we’d love to hear from you by February 3rd 2017
Let us know if you can...
- Build a strong digital platform team and lead them to become a guiding influence in the digital space for our franchisees.
- Act as a strong stakeholder in the upcoming ecommerce platform project.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that all issues are specified, developed, tested and optimized.
- Take ownership of the European ecommerce sites, and continuously optimize the user experience to increase all conversions.
- Develop and execute a European domain strategy and hierarchy.
- Manage and leverage relationships with our partners and agencies.
- Ensure appropriate information and instructions are delivered to franchisees, in collaboration with Franchise Services, so we can support their digital platform decisions.
- Educate and train Franchise Services and other stakeholders to implement strategies and structures.
- Develop and manage Work Flow and translation processes.
And, if you possess these skills and knowledge…
- Fully comprehensive knowledge of Content Management Systems, preferably Oracle Web Centre Content and Web Centre Sites.
- Understanding of different web development processes, content strategies and structures and JAVA, CSS, HTML.
- Advanced understanding of digital platforms, web analytics, technical SEO and UX/UI.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to drive results in a team-oriented and cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid project management skills in regards to internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- English proficiency is a must. Knowledge of French, German and Italian is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
Plus, you have the following experience and education…
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and optimising ecommerce platforms, preferably in the hotel industry, hospitality, or another relevant field. Prior people management experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical skills, with ability to interpret statistics to develop data-driven improvements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and lead several projects simultaneously.
- Able to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, and respect.
The position will be based in Farringdon, London EC1N 8QX, United Kingdom. Travel may be required (40%).
For questions about the role, contact:
Director, European Marketing