In the hospitality industry, people matter. That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well. At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success. Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
- The Senior FP&A Analyst - Strategic Finance is a position that requires strategic and analytic thinking, the ability to work cross-functionally and play technical lead on financial analyses.
- The Senior FP&A Analyst - Strategic Finance will report to the Manager, Strategic Finance. In this critical role, the Senior Analyst will support the Manager in partnering with business leaders to provide strategic and financial insights that lead to the achievement of financial and business goals. A key member of the team, the Senior Analyst will collaborate with other partners to assist in delivering comprehensive, consistent and actionable analysis to support the creation and maintenance of the financial Long-Range Plan and continuous improvement activities aimed to maximize profitability and revenue generation. Additionally, the Senior Analyst will play technical lead on analyses that involve taking complex operational data and translating it into a financial plan. Though the Senior Analyst will take most direction from and deliver most work products to the Manager, there will also be a need to reach out to various staff members at multiple levels throughout the company for policies or practices, data points or various other pieces of information.
- Reports to Manager, Strategic Finance. Has no direct reports.
What you will do…
- Provide insightful, fact-based data analysis that helps solve complex problems, with limited supervision
- Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical projects that include a variety of Choice programs, potential and existing projects, or initiatives under consideration
- Synthesize findings, perform sensitivity analyses and make concrete recommendations. Translate insights and concepts to actionable recommendations
Strategic Planning and Initiatives
- Support the development of the Long-Range Plan by maintaining and enhancing long range financial models
- Analyze complex operational data and translate into financial plan
- Develop presentations that build a story out of the Long-Range Plan and corresponding analyses
- Ability to support the creation of materials, analysis and recommendations in preparation for multiple workshop across the organization.
- Ability to think strategically leveraging operational and business knowledge.
- Partner with key stakeholders and business partners to develop financial models that provide insights into their business
- Partner with our business analytics and strategy organizations to identify continuous improvements levers and strategic business metrics
- Constructively communicate compelling arguments based on facts and data, and obtain necessary buy-in to deliver on business objectives
- Ability to bridge the financial and operational goals in the company through a strong partnership with business partners and analytical skills
Skills you have…
- BS degree in Finance, Economics, Business Analytics or related program
- 3-6 years of experience in finance or related field preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Tableau and SQL a plus
- Hospitality and/or Franchising experience a plus
- Ability to perform in high pressure environment
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation and writing skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Self-starter mentality, ability to work independently, and motivation to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge
- Strong competency skills required in the following areas: customer service, organizational skills; analytic and problem solving, innovation and creativity, providing business reason for change, decision making, programs & project management, listening to others, and creating an inclusive culture.
- Must be able to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
- Ability to model Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!