In the hospitality industry, people matter. That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well. At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
- This position supports the Risk Manager regarding all aspects of the enterprise-wide risk management program. This position also supports the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel—Litigation and Risk Management regarding all aspects of corporate insurance programs, business continuity plans and insurance certificate review. The primary focus for this position will be to support the franchisee cyber insurance program, the development of additional franchisee insurance programs, and the subrogation collection process. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the compilation of underwriting information for coverage placement, review of franchisee insurance certificates and assisting with the maintenance of the company’s business continuity/disaster recovery plan. The candidate will be expected to manage certain tasks on an independent basis. Position will deal directly with internal and external customers. Reports to Manager, Risk Management.
What you will do…
- Support franchisee cyber insurance program as primary liaison with program administrator and franchisees
- Lead subrogation/collection efforts related to property level lawsuits.
- Assists with two annual insurance renewals; obtain and assimilate renewal data.
- Assists with requests for basic insurance coverage information and other risk related inquiries.
- Assist with filing and maintenance of insurance claims for the benefit of the company (Auto, EPLI, Cyber, Pollution, Workers’ Comp, etc.).
- Maintenance of third-party premises defense liability claims database, tendering claims to franchisees, reporting claims to third-party administrator; subrogation of third-party defense claims.
- Assists with report preparation utilizing Excel, Access and third-party administrator proprietary software.
- Processes vendor payments for various risk management services.
- Assists with annual, quarterly and monthly filing of corporate workers’ compensation premium reports for monopolistic states, including payment of premiums.
- Performs periodic updates and quarterly maintenance of the Corporate Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program.
- Assists in the maintenance, integrity and data quality of the franchisee insurance certificate tracking program, including database management, as well as communication with franchisees, Area Directors and other internal stakeholders relative to insurance compliance.
- Daily review of insurance certificates for hotels coming online and communications with franchisees, their insurance agents and others relative to insurance compliance. Must be available for month-end, quarter-end and year-end insurance certificate reviews.
- Assists with company vendor certificate of insurance inquiries.
- Assists in development of reports and analysis of risk/insurance trends.
- Assists in development of and maintenance of other projects and administrative tasks when assigned.
- Assimilation of financial data; calculate insurance premiums.
- Participate in state-mandated continued education insurance requirements.
Skills you have…
- Minimum AA degree in business
- Minimum of 2 years of insurance, claims or risk management preferred, but not required
- ARM or other insurance certifications preferred, but not required
- Excels in deadline-driven, high-volume environments
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Basic bookkeeping skills, required
- Excellent social skills and ability to work in a team focused, customer service-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills with ability to communicate effectively with insurance and non-insurance professionals
- High proficiency in spreadsheet programs, preferably Excel, Detail oriented with analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Must have ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations and insurance industry standards
- Must be able to obtain Maryland Property and Casualty Insurance license
- Ability to explain complex insurance and risk management issues and concepts effectively
- Ability to model Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!