In the hospitality industry, people matter. That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well. At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success. Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
This position combines the upfront portion of a standard consulting project with implementation. You get the unique opportunity to both develop the strategy and then see your strategy through. This strategy formulation and project management supports initiatives that span the Marketing & Distribution organization, whose primary goal is to drive performance for Choice-franchised hotels. The role will also own the account management for key hotel partners, such as TripAdvisor and Google, working cross-functionally across the organization to derive as much business as possible from customers booking via these channels. Last, the position includes the regular assessment of the travel landscape and broad consumer trends, proactively identifying opportunities or threats in a rapidly changing space to then provide recommendations. This is a high-visibility role and provides the team member with a regular opportunity to work with senior leadership. Outstanding problem-solving, communication (written and verbal), and quantitative and analytical skills are required.
Description of Responsibilities
- Work with leadership to set the strategic vision for and manage cross-functional projects across the Marketing and Distribution organization.
- Meet and maintain accountability for multiple, occasionally overlapping, deadlines.
- Maintain and manage several projects simultaneously; prioritize and re-prioritize workload as department needs dictate.
- Lead the authorship of presentations, memorandums, and other deliverables for internal and external consumption, including audiences that span multiple levels of the organization (including senior leadership)
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis projects as directed.
- Compile and present research and analysis clearly and concisely in a variety of formats including standard Word documents, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Research and maintain a subject matter expertise in industry, consumer, economic, and internal factors that impact the company’s decision making.
- Regularly compile and communicate industry, competitive, corporate and department trends, insights, forecasts and plans.
- Leverage a variety of internal and external sources.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in Finance, Business, Economics, Marketing, Hospitality Management/Administration
- 4+ years related experience and/or training
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Exceptional statistical, analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills to include reasoning skills such as storage, retrieval, matching and execution skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, including the development of a variety of business marketing communications targeting internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills including managing projects with multiple stakeholders and complex logistics.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to facilitate the objectives of the department under general direction, while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems with multiple complex variables
- Ability to make measurable progress on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously
Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!