Choice Hotels International, Inc. is an American hospitality holding corporation based in Rockville, Maryland, in the United States. The company owns the hotel and motel brands Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Hotel & Suites, Mainstay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, and Ascend Hotel Collection.Your missions :
The Director, Franchise Sales is responsible for meeting and exceeding growth of conversions and new construction of hotels in an assigned geographical Market Area. The Director, Franchise Sales contributes to the development of the Market Area Strategic Business Plan and executes against the plan by calling on prospective franchisees, developing relationships and networking with developers, industry groups, etc.
Reports to the Regional Vice President, Franchise Sales. Individual Contributor. May have mentoring responsibilities (Sales Associate Trainee).
- Provides input in to the development of the Market Area Strategic Business Plan. Executes against the Business Plan and builds a pipeline of prospective franchisees in order to meet or exceed set goals/quotas for conversions and new construction of hotels in the assigned Market Area.
- Communicates the Choice Hotels value proposition to prospective franchisees.
- Manages the contract/approval process and collaborates with Franchise Administration and other internal resources to ensure timely information flow and application processing.
- Links franchisees to financial programs, site selection, or partnership dollars.
- Collaborates with Franchise Services to effectively upgrade/replace existing inventory in accordance with the Market Area Plan and to ensure brand identity compliance.
INDUSTRY/MARKET STRATEGY & ACTIVITIES
- Performs competitive and SWOT analyses of assigned Market Area. Keeps up on industry developments and market trends and collaborates with RVP on adjustments to the Business Plan.
- Builds relationships in the Finance, Construction, Hotel Development and other related communities in the assigned Market Area. Actively participates in professional and industry groups and is recognized internally with Choice Hotels and externally in the marketplace as an “expert”. Represents Choice Hotels at franchise-related events, trade shows, etc.
- Actively mentors Sales Associate Trainee; provides regular coaching and feedback and provides input in to their professional development and growth.
- May participate in the interviewing and hiring process for Franchise Sales positions; supports successful functional on-boarding of new associates, as appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years of prior sales experience, including demonstrated experience in consultative, value based sales. Prior Business-to-Business sales experience in the hotel industry, hospitality, franchising, or related field, is preferred.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or some college experience, is desirable.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals/quotas and driving business results. Broad based business acumen and ability to collaborate with business leaders across organizational lines.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Choice Hotels’ brands, sales and marketing strategies and service offerings.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience using CRM applications is desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of accountability, collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, and respect.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!