Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing Analytics who can develop automated reporting and analytical solutions for our industry leading, award-winning loyalty program, Best Western Rewards (R).
The Director of Marketing Analytics will:
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive data integration and ingestion strategy to deliver infrastructure for supporting BWR analytics projects.
- Maintain ownership of regular reporting outputs across multiple internal clients.
- Drives discussions with marketing leadership, analytics, business technology, and other teams as they relate to new campaigns or technology including discussions regarding needs, technical approach, onboarding/implementation plans and ongoing operational support plans.
- Leads cross-functional team planning sessions for projects involving new data sources, executions or processes.
- Develop expert knowledge of the business rules and strategies in place for BWR to ensure the highest level of data integrity.
- Project manage all day-to-day reporting/analytics related deliverables.
- Train and mentor assigned analytics staff.
- Lead cross-functional team coordination and communication (Advertising, Marketing, other internal Creative Partners, etc.)
- Derive actionable insights from campaign performance reports that are meaningful and tie back to client marketing goals.
- Create and manage the necessary documentation to track changes in methodology, structure and business rules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, computer science, math or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience, including management level assignments.
- Experience with loyalty programs and hospitality preferred.
- Extensive experience with relational databases (SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Word); Expert in complex Excel formulas.
- Experience with at least one major third-party ad server - Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
- Strong critical thinking skills - understand the intersection of business use cases with analytical needs.
- Financial/budgeting acumen with financial accountability.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to both external and internal clients.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Understanding and familiarity with advanced analytics practices (Descriptive Statistics, Linear Regression, Forecasting.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login!