The hotel is centrally located in this historic market town yet close to the A1 and A66. The impressive Victorian facade looks out over the Pease statue and shopping area. An outdoor fee paying Car park can be found within a 5 minute walk off St Cuthberts Way.Keys tasks:
- Receive enquiries and take the appropriate follow up action necessary to convert this to a sale.
- Create be-spoke packages for weddings and other events, acting as a personal contact for your clients event
- Deliver first class customer service to all guests and clients of the hotel to ensure their every expectation is met
- Be involved in the creation of future meeting and events and seasonal brochures, packages and promotions
- Liaise with the reservations, sales and revenue department to optimise revenue
- Effectively communicate with all departments in the hotel to ensure guest requirements are communicated and met
- Maximise the opportunities to ensure return visits
- To assist the Sales & Marketing Manager in the day to day running of the Meeting and Events Sales office
- Open all mail and answer telephone calls for marketing, meeting and events enquiries and where necessary field calls from newspapers wanting us to advertise
- You will maintain the company guest database and when necessary do strategic mail shots
- Assist the day-to-day operations of meeting and events sales department
- General admin duties for the General Manager
- Carry out any other reasonable duty that may be requested by management that pertains to the total operation as may be reasonably required, from time to time
- Send out monthly emails to all guests who have requested to be put on the mailing list
- Attend any exhibitions/external functions in the UK where necessary
- Conduct internet and marketing research on competitor offerings such as room rates, corporate packages, Menus, Christmas Packages etc...
- Help to implement the public relations program, to include internal and external communication (e.g. Twitter & Facebook & LinkedIn etc.) that enhance public awareness of the venue
- Develop marketing materials with CHG Marketing department, e.g. corporate brochure, flyers, social media, website, etc.
- Communicate all marketing promotions and revenue news to Managers
Essential and Optional Requirements:
As a member of Cairn Group of Hotels you are required to project a positive and enthusiastic attitude at all times. Ensuring that guests needs are met to the highest possible standard and that Customer Care along with attention to detail is paramount at all times. All opportunities to increase sales should be encouraged throughout the hotel or venue.
To assist the Meeting & Events Sales Department within the Cairn Hotel Group in developing and implementing selected marketing & sales tasks as well as deliver the best in customer service to our clients.
• Have strong communication skills and an excellent command of the English language
• Organisational skills
• Commercial awareness
• Good team working skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent numerical skills
- Power Point
- Fixed-term contract : No
- Status : Full Time
- Anticipated Start Date : 26-09-2016
- Gross annual salary : 15000 GBP
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!