An exceptional opportunity presents itself for a Director of Talent and Culture to be part of an iconic London Opening. The landmark Old War Office located in historic Whitehall, is being transformed into an iconic Raffles ultra-luxury hotel and Deluxe residences.
As Director of Talent and Culture you will drive the Talent and Culture function of the hotel. You will work to establish a strong pre-opening team that will help to make the opening of this iconic hotel an undeniable success.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will ensure that each touch point of the Talent experience is proactively managed and reflects the spirit of the Raffles brand and its legendary service culture.
You will lead and oversee the day to day operation of Talent & Culture Department as well as play a critical role in the implementation of the hotel’s human resources strategy.
You will assess organizational needs and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition and development, administration and Colleague wellness.
You will be an effective communicator, who adheres to both legal/statutory responsibilities and Company Policies and procedures.
You must be able to develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and consistently offer professional, genuine and engaging service.
You will promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and continuous feedback.
Together with the training manager and the executive team you will ensure that the team is well trained and understand how to bring our guests a sense of emotional luxury and wellbeing, how emotional connection is an indelible part of exceeding our guest expectations, and the inimitable way in which our Raffles colleagues are perfectly attentive yet perfectly discrete in making them feel at home.
You will effectively manage the annual human resource budget.
You must have strong leadership ability, with a hands on approach, leading and inspiring from the front.
Passionate about the hospitality industry, art and culture, heritage and history, you will be driven to deliver excellence in our guest experience, and develop and mentor Talent.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on both guest needs, while balancing colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Gracious and charming, delivering emotional experience with each individual guests
- Empathetic leader, you are keen to build emotional connection with your colleagues, help them develop their strength and provide regular and constructive feedback.
- You understand the meaning and importance of discretion.
You will have 10 years of experience in human resource management and be able to illustrate previous successes in a comparable luxury environment. Previous opening experience is a plus. You must have a CIPD qualification or equivalent.
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- Targeted Short Term Incentive
- Medical scheme
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- You will be entitled to 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) in each full holiday year, including Bank holidays increasing with length of service up to 33 days.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Personalised development plan
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Each hotel is an oasis of calm and charm at the crossroads of a civilization. Each is a carefully chosen destination in its own right. Each is uniquely, indefinably, sublimely Raffles.
Exciting and enchanting, refreshing and reinvigorating, Raffles is patronised by nobility and loved by those with a pioneering spirit and a taste for the very best in life. Legendary service since 1887.
Raffles is a beloved Accor Brand. We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement. Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey towards forging the future of hospitality.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!