Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Daily Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To establish chain of command and responsibility, the Security Officer shall be held directly responsible to the Shift Duty Security Supervisor, Senior Security Supervisor.
- Perform duties according to the Duty Roster prepared by the Director of Security or in his absence, the Senior Security Supervisor.
- The Security Officer may be deployed at any of the following Duty Posts as enumerated thereafter:
- Security Control Room Duty
- Lobby Duty
- Loading Bay
- Patrolling or Observation Duty
- Back of House
- Or at any position where operations in Security field will benefit.
- When on duty, the Security Officer shall adopt the “Service Oriented” approach in discharging of its duties in order to functions harmoniously with the concept of the Hotel as a place of hospitality
- To exercise flexibility to maintain a balance between effectiveness and unconstructiveness;
- To promote the “gentlemen” rather the “officer” image for the security service;
- To act for and on behalf of the Hotelkeeper on security matters;
- To protect the safety of guests, staff, their properties and those belonging to the Hotel;
- To act as a host of the hotel by personally welcoming arriving guests and bidding farewell to departing guests
- To greet guests and offer assistance;
- To lead guests whenever possible if they are uncertain of the location within the Hotel premises;
- To inform and sell other hotel facilities to all visitors of the Hotel.
- Protect the hotel guests and keep the peace by
- Monitoring any undesirable elements to ensure that they do not harass, harm or embarrass the hotel guests;
- Take appropriate action to defuse any outbreak of violence or commotion within the Hotel premises;
- Intelligence gathering, from within and without the hotel of the identities and activities (modus operandi) of undesirable elements.
- Surveillance of hotel staff
- Ensuring that they abide by the House Rules;
- Keeping tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations.
Human Resources & Training
- It is the colleague’s responsibility to report any case of harassment and discrimination as soon as it happens, either to their direct leader or to the Human Resources. It is the leader’s responsibility to treat complaints of harassment and discrimination promptly and confidentially.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect and sensitivity.
- All colleagues must attend trainings and meetings as and when required.
- All colleagues must ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- All colleagues must ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
- All colleagues must be familiar with Accor’s PLANET 21 Program, as well as our brand's commitments to sustainable development;
- All colleagues must know the hotel's actual or scheduled actions and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Switch off the lights and other appliances when not used;
- Do not waste water; do not let water run more than necessary;
- Reduce paper consumption (use front and back, 2 pages per sheet, avoid printing emails, etc.);
Physical Aspects of the Position (include but not limited to):
- For Operational Roles, frequent standing and walking throughout the shift are expected, as well as occasional kneeling; pushing; pulling; ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps; occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- For Office roles, sitting for extended hours in a row can be harmful and lead to postural problems. Office workers are advised to get up and move regularly to prevent such problems.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Secondary school education
- Security Guard SIRA certificate is required.
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!