ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Hotel Overview: With magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Resort's 120 luxuriously appointed hotel rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Originally the retreat of movie star and Club founder, William Holden, the Club's illustrious former members have included Winston Churchill and Bing Crosby
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The main responsibilities of the Director, Operations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the cost effective and efficient operation of the Hotel in order to maximize guest satisfaction, employee engagement and satisfaction and EBITDA
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and on-going development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environment commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities, thus ensuring our shareholders receive their return on investment.
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
- Direct operational needs to ensure compliance with the hotel’s Annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate.
- With the respective Executive Committee members, play a lead role in the management of Rooms and Food & Beverage initiatives.
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure labour forecasts are completed to company standard for presentation to GM and in line with revenue and service expectations.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of capital projects.
- Responsible for guest relations and for handling guest response alerts within the require time lines.
- Coordinate bi-weekly leadership and weekly divisional meetings.
- Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets.
- Create, update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel’s business continuity plan as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Plan and coordinate events for various celebrations throughout the year, such as, but not limited to, holiday celebrations, cultural festivals.
- In consultation with the General Manager, direct and oversee the performance of the Departmental Heads. This includes preparing and conducting the annual LEAD review.
- Co-Chair the Hotel’s Environmental Committee.
- Oversees all outside partnership relationships connected with services to the guest or colleagues
- Function as a key member of the Hotel Executive Committee and leadership team.
- Previous experience is an asset
- 3 years experience as a Division Head, ideally with International Operations experience.
- Proven record to coordinate multiple departments to make gains towards targeted GSI, GOP, CES results
- Clear working knowledge of budget planning and execution
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and guest handling skills
- Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while innovating guest oriented solutions creatively and profitably.
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- University/College degree in a related discipline. Bilingual ability an asset
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Connectez-vous pour postulerConnectez-vous pour postuler
Already signed up? Already signed up? Already signed up? Already registered? Login here!